PDA

View Full Version : GF Server1 - Hardware Pics

LiNuX
01-14-2008, 07:35 PM
No one outside my family saw what my server really looked line on the inside or outside. These are pics of the hardware, not the software. I have had internet issue the past week so I wasn't able to set up the software and OS part again. Well I just have to turn it on, plan to do that this week :D

This is what it looks like:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/njoker555/DSC04215.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/njoker555/DSC04218.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/njoker555/DSC04221.jpg

Jaykub
01-14-2008, 07:38 PM
looks great in there. nice big fan and room to add. But why you not add a floppy

conman1000
01-14-2008, 07:41 PM
You got me with all the colorful wires and everything. :spinny:

Blackbird
01-14-2008, 07:54 PM
That's looking really nice :)

LiNuX
01-14-2008, 07:54 PM
dont need floppy drive, my current computer doesnt have it and i never found it of any use - if i need external data to be transferred, i'd do it on a RW cd or my external hard drive

the computer im building next will be bigger, regular sized ATX and a bigger case with bigger fans lol

Jaykub
01-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Ya Pimp it out with fans its what I do

LiNuX
01-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Ya Pimp it out with fans its what I do

it has 4 fans, u cant see 2 of them - its just a server, i dont have to fill it up with 20 fans when it has just a few other computer componens

lonewolfxix
01-14-2008, 11:28 PM
7/10 :P Cabling could be nicer :P Have you seen some pc's with ace cabling? I mean in how it's all prepared? some people spend like 4hours working out how they will route every single cable, it's impressive with what they come up with, i just do it as i go along and get some decent results. then again, you have no cables to really clean up :P

More fans than necessary is just silly, more fans means dirtier power, dirtier power means less reliable components and you also have to take in account of airflow, if he adds in a load of HDD's a front intake is obviously a must but that system probably does a good heat level as it is. I just took a fan out of mine (the cpu FAN) for a fanless solution which is amazing. Recommend it for any highend pc that is on for long times (especially in people's bedrooms)

LiNuX
01-15-2008, 12:26 AM
didnt pay much attention to wiring since i just wanted to get it over with lol, and i did the wiring twice, cuz first time i thought i had it all wrong and it wasn't turning on, im sure u remember lonewolf, cuz u were the one to figure out it was the dam RAM card

next pc should be nicer lol

hollerfromelz
01-15-2008, 11:40 AM
lol.. im so bad at computers.. got no idea if i should be awwing or going awesome job.. but... cool server hardware! haha

lonewolfxix
01-15-2008, 04:29 PM
it's not the most impressive server but it's cool ;) I congratulate Linux on building his pc with no help from an experienced builder in the physical sense but rather troubleshooting tips from me online XD
Now it's time to start modding ;) get rid of that barely ugly metal there :P

LiNuX
01-15-2008, 04:55 PM
it's not the most impressive server but it's cool ;) I congratulate Linux on building his pc with no help from an experienced builder in the physical sense but rather troubleshooting tips from me online XD
Now it's time to start modding ;) get rid of that barely ugly metal there :P

first thank you :D troubleshooting was just the ram issue lol, the OS installation was a Pain too, i went through 5 different versions before settling with Fedora

btw what ugly metal are you talking about? lol

|Cl3aN|
02-29-2008, 07:32 PM
cl3an n simple huh...

LiNuX
02-29-2008, 08:41 PM
cl3an n simple huh...

clean, simple, and cheap lol - was on a budget at that time and it still drained my pockets

rukisuto
02-29-2008, 09:24 PM
I like your white and baby blue bedding, lol.
Nice job building your own PC.
Hard work :]

LiNuX
02-29-2008, 10:01 PM
I like your white and baby blue bedding, lol.
Nice job building your own PC.
Hard work :]

its a server!!

my PC hardware has more stuff in it - i'll upload pics of that when i remember tomorrow :)