PDA

View Full Version : Free Proxy for You

LiNuX
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM
A proxy is a type of site that I have never owned until now. Just about 20 minutes ago when I set it up :D it is very resource consuming so I had to get a separate host on a quad core server that only allows proxies.

So far this isn't the prettiest proxy on the block but it is my first. It is free to use unlike some of the huge proxy sites that need you to register. Your cookies WILL be saved on my host account. I will clear them weekly to avoid slowdowns of the site.

It is a pretty easy domain to remember since its just 4 words.

If you don't know what a proxy is, it is basically a site that you use to surf other sites. Just go there and type in Gamers-Forum.com and it'll show you Gamers Forum through that site in a window. If you are blocked from school or if you are having trouble accessing this forum or any other website, just, use this proxy and try the site this way, you will be accessing through a different server so you can figure out if the problem is just occurring with you.

the Link is HelpWithCourseWork.info - not the prettiest domain but a friend gave it to me for free since he had too many lol. I'll be opening another one later with an easier name.

Help With Course Work (http://www.helpwithcoursework.info) - Unblock your net.

warboss.gremlin
01-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the proxy. Another good one is proxify. I use it for most of my searches at school.

LiNuX
01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the proxy. Another good one is proxify. I use it for most of my searches at school.

yeah that's good as well but when they get a lot of traffic they kick you out if you aren't subscribed lol - so i just made one for myself, this way I have both hardware and software control of my own proxy :D and i have more than enough bandwidth to match the number of visitors proxify gets everyday :D lol

Blackbird
01-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Great you make your own Proxy Server now I'm have good used of it :P

LiNuX
01-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Great you make your own Proxy Server now I'm have good used of it :P

great :D this is the only place i announced it - trying to make a good logo and edit some of the template coding to make it a bit more custom to me, still not 100% sure how that works but so far im getting it

warboss.gremlin
01-18-2008, 02:21 PM
How did you go about making your own proxy? Could you PM me the source code?

LiNuX
01-18-2008, 02:32 PM
How did you go about making your own proxy? Could you PM me the source code?

just google "free proxy scripts" - the one im using is called glype - its free for download, i've had it for a while just never used it - its more than one file so just pming you the source code wont help you much

phpProxy is another script, more widely used and im gonna try that out next

warboss.gremlin
01-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Ok thanks LiNuX. You are a pal. I looked at some of them. Cool stuff.

LiNuX
01-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Ok thanks LiNuX. You are a pal. I looked at some of them. Cool stuff.

there are a lot of them, i just think glype is easiest to configure, i already know a bit of php so i can edit it pretty easily, there is this cgi proxy script that is supposed to be 10 times better, im gonna search for that and try it out :D cuz the better a script is the better the proxy will be

Jaykub
01-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Very nice admin. The one I use is Hide My Ass! Free Proxy - Free Web Proxy - Free Anonymous Browsing (http://www.hidemyass.com) lol

LiNuX
01-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Very nice admin. The one I use is Hide My Ass! Free Proxy - Free Web Proxy - Free Anonymous Browsing (http://www.hidemyass.com) lol

yea thats a pretty good proxy, pretty old and great

but my plan is to hopefully get to its level, and the way to do that is to advertise it and get more users to use them :D

that site owner also has a whole network, something I plan to do as well hopefully nationwide and get a few host accounts overseas for faster surfing for the people on international grounds

GF Eric
01-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Cool I will use this in school cause every proxy I use is blocked at my school. Now I can get onto Gamers if it gets blocked. But so far 3 months and not a problem getting on.

LiNuX
01-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Cool I will use this in school cause every proxy I use is blocked at my school. Now I can get onto Gamers if it gets blocked. But so far 3 months and not a problem getting on.

im opening another one since i have another domain lying around that i can use for a proxy :D

first time i heard schools blocking proxies lol

GF Eric
01-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah well I am in a stupid school district. If I could I would hack the system but I can't cause I don't know. ;(

LiNuX
01-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah well I am in a stupid school district. If I could I would hack the system but I can't cause I don't know. ;(

just be friends with ur system administrator lol, i used to help the guy at my high school troubleshoot simple stuff and i had a LOT of passwords for accessing computers lol :D no blockage for me

Scott
01-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Proxys are good if you can't get on sites while you're at school. But should you be telling people to use them Linux aren't you worried about people using them to make multiple accounts?

LiNuX
01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Proxys are good if you can't get on sites while you're at school. But should you be telling people to use them Linux aren't you worried about people using them to make multiple accounts?

no, i can see straight through proxy IP and resolves the real IP - power of the admin :D i just love vb cuz of its features

and i also get a PM from my robot self telling me if more than one person has logged in thru the same IP