PDA

View Full Version : 7 year old girl killed by Mortal Kombat moves

Ubernerd
01-20-2008, 03:22 PM
I can't post links yet, so PM me for the source:

Two US teenagers have been accused of using moves copied from the Mortal Kombat video game to beat to death a younger half-sister.

Lamar Roberts, 17, and Heather Trujillo, 16, have been charged as adults over the killing of Trujillo’s seven-year-old half-sister Zoe Garcia.

Colorado police allege the teens were baby-sitting Garcia on December 6 while her mother was at work.

The girl lost consciousness and stopped breathing after the teens hit, kicked and body-slammed her, imitating moves used in the video game, police claim.

Trujillo and Roberts tried to revive the girl by putting her under running water and attempting CPR before they called her mother and paramedics, but she died in hospital.

A post-mortem examination showed she had a broken wrist, more than 20 bruises, swelling of the brain, and bleeding in her neck muscles and under her spine.

Police said Roberts claimed to have been downstairs, while the sisters wrestled upstairs.

But a witness quoted in court documents said Roberts told her he had kicked the girl.

The witness told police that Roberts said the seven-year-old had told them to stop wrestling.

When the witness asked why they didn’t stop, he responded: “I don’t know; I was drunk.”

Trujillo and Roberts face one count each of felony child abuse causing death, state prosecutor Robert Miller said in court documents released today.

The teenagers could be sentenced to 48 years in jail if convicted.

The anti-video game politicians will love this one...

Kiss
01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Omy o my wow dodos.

rukisuto
01-20-2008, 05:30 PM
That's horrible.
They're definitely going to have a field day with that.

Scott
01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Wow more stupid gamers. People as dumb as that shouldn't be allowed to play games

LiNuX
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
people as dumb as that should go to prison for that 48 years - come out in their 60s and then play some video games

just plain retarded, why on a 7 year old girl? why not against each other? body isn't as fragile in the teenage years than when you are 7 yrs old

Scott
01-20-2008, 06:24 PM
people as dumb as that should go to prison for that 48 years - come out in their 60s and then play some video games

just plain retarded, why on a 7 year old girl? why not against each other? body isn't as fragile in the teenage years than when you are 7 yrs old

They would have choosen the girl because she's younger and weaker, the other guy wouldnt have agreed to it but the girl wouldnt have had a choice. I have played Wrestling with someone before (I broke the couch doing it) but nothing so extreme. I hope they do go to jail for 48 years.

LiNuX
01-20-2008, 06:26 PM
i wrestled at a gym once, long ago lol, nothing like wwe cuz its all grapple

and kudos to the kid for telling the cops he was drunk, that'll go against him as well.

Ubernerd
01-20-2008, 07:25 PM
True...I remember seeing this on Wordpress and thought about it when I saw 'serious news'.

MilkshakeNinja
01-21-2008, 02:30 AM
Lol wtf?

Are you serious?

That's just ridiculous. I agree for their stupidity they should be in jail for a long time.