PDA

View Full Version : Get an Infraction - Lose your GFP

LiNuX
01-21-2008, 05:35 PM
You may already know about both the Infraction and GFP system we have going here on the forum and we have put both of those together. So before I say anything else, stay away from getting an infraction :-)

If you get an infraction you will lose 5 GFP. You lose 5 GFP PER INFRACTION POINT.

For example, the Spam Advertisement infraction gives you 3 infraction points. So that 3 x 5 = 15 GFP lost for you. And you can go to negative GFP so don't think depositing all your GFP will make you free.

Stay out of trouble. I give out custom infractions as well that can go up to 6 figure infraction points, you do not want to be that person.

Enjoy the forum and another method to keep things under control and keep everyone following the rules.

Scott
01-21-2008, 05:38 PM
When I saw this thread I thought you said loose all your GFP. But only losing 5 is a much better idea.

LiNuX
01-21-2008, 05:42 PM
yea but thats 5 posts undone right there, at first i set it to a 100 then i thought, "thats crazy man, take it down a notch" then i just thought of the number 5 and put it in lol

conman1000
01-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Poeple don't have to worry about me, I give out mostly Warnings, and the rare infraction.

BUt yes, this is a good idea, it would help people to stop making posts like

funny.........................

LiNuX
01-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Poeple don't have to worry about me, I give out mostly Warnings, and the rare infraction.

BUt yes, this is a good idea, it would help people to stop making posts like

so ur the soft moderator around here lol, giving an infraction doesn't mean the person will get banned, and i do it to make them aware of what they did was wrong. if you can't handle a simple punishment, don't do the wrong thing. Be above the influence like that commercial on tv always says. lol

Scott
01-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I hate people who give them out over nothing. 100 would defiantly be crazy 5 seems about right

LiNuX
01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
I hate people who give them out over nothing. 100 would defiantly be crazy 5 seems about right

yea i saw a few infractions given out by a few mods that were complete crap, i had to reverse all of them

won't mention names since it was a first

Blackbird
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
If you had one infraction per 100gfp that's person should become poor and get mad. But 5GFP is fine. I don't give infraction without a reason

Scott
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
so ur the soft moderator around here lol, giving an infraction doesn't mean the person will get banned, and i do it to make them aware of what they did was wrong. if you can't handle a simple punishment, don't do the wrong thing. Be above the influence like that commercial on tv always says. lol

Being soft is better. Because then the members actually like you. Rather than them going out of their way to be on at a different time than you.

LiNuX
01-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Rather than them going out of their way to be on at a different time than you.

lol, they wouldn't have to do that if they dont plan on being stupid - and the usual infractions given out here are spam ads and illegal content one, bumping, double post, and etc. are usually given out in warnings first, i've been doing that since we started - just the retards that come on to spam makes me mad, i just max out their infraction point level until the year 3000 - especially those that have the obvious spammy username

Kiss
01-27-2008, 05:29 PM
do you get the gfp back if it gets reversed?

LiNuX
01-27-2008, 05:30 PM
do you get the gfp back if it gets reversed?

unfortunately....no :no: we don't reverse infractions like that anyway

and the only person that is allowed to reverse any infraction is Me now - i've seen a few other infractions get reversed for mysterious reasons

Blackbird
01-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Hmm.. Why can not any mods do reversed and give a reason or something? ^^

unfortunately....no :no: we don't reverse infractions like that anyway

and the only person that is allowed to reverse any infraction is Me now - i've seen a few other infractions get reversed for mysterious reasons

LiNuX
01-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Hmm.. Why can not any mods do reversed and give a reason or something? ^^

there is a thread about that in the staff board, ask questions about that issue there, not here :-)

jakncoke
01-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Personally 5 is nothing, you should increase and this is coming from the forum leader in total infractions.

LiNuX
01-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Personally 5 is nothing, you should increase and this is coming from the forum leader in total infractions.

not anymore if you check lol, others are beating you now and still here :D

thanks for ur suggestion, i may raise it to 10 later as more of a warning, but for now i'll probably leave it at 5