PDA

View Full Version : Steam Users Read - Bugs everywhere

LiNuX
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
If you are a steam client user and you tried to login today and it says the username or password is invalid, you are not alone.

This has two possibilities. First, your account may have been hijacked and someone changed both the user password and email and screwed you out, or steam is just acting retarded.

Go to Steam Community (http://steamcommunity.com) and use your steam username and password to see if you can login. If you can login, there is a very high chance you weren't hacked but it's steam's problem.

I have read hundreds of threads all around the net about people experiencing this problem. I went to look because I thought my account was hacked today. I hadn't logged in for a week or so and it wasn't taking my password. I did a password retrieval but no email was received.

Steam may be having problems sending out emails through the clients as well. Bad Steam!!

If you cannot login to steam community, you can assume your account has been hijacked and you can contact steam by opening an incident report and hope that they can get your account back.

I decide to play a little after a break and whatnot, and this is what I find. The problems supposedly started around last Thursday.

Blackbird
01-21-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't think my account have been hi-jacked becuase I never used or thanks for giving out information and I going to check this one out.

Raw!
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Great, my account was probably hacked because when I login to Steam it doesn't work, and when I go to Steam Community this message pops up..

Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was an error communicating with the network. Please try again later.

Here's a link to the Steam Community home page.

LiNuX
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Great, my account was probably hacked because when I login to Steam it doesn't work, and when I go to Steam Community this message pops up..

Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was an error communicating with the network. Please try again later.

Here's a link to the Steam Community home page.

it would say invalid password if it was hacked or anything like that, contact steam anyway, read the thread below, it explains more, steam has been having lots of problems lately

Answer (http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=197)

Strickin
01-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Dangit Steam!