PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Spartans.

rukisuto
01-27-2008, 09:09 AM
This was definitely a major disappointment for me.
I figured it would be something like Epic Movie, but I guess not.
Things just got redundant.

Anyone see it and think the same thing?

KittyCat72
01-27-2008, 10:42 AM
My brother went to see it yesterday... he thought it was good. What was it about?

rukisuto
01-27-2008, 10:54 AM
It's a spoof of 300 and other movies of 2007.
The first 30 minutes was good, that was about it. Lol.

I was mad though 'cause my friends actually left the theater.
There was only 10 minutes left of the movie though.

LiNuX
01-27-2008, 11:13 AM
there is always a movie like this every year and every year i spend $10 not to watch it lol

i dont like movies like this because all the funny stuff are shown in the commercials, dont see a point of going to pay to watch it

jakncoke
01-27-2008, 11:18 AM
I hate all these movies, if your into spoof movies there is another coming in like April that makes fun of superheroes.

rukisuto
01-27-2008, 11:21 AM
there is always a movie like this every year and every year i spend $10 not to watch it lol

i dont like movies like this because all the funny stuff are shown in the commercials, dont see a point of going to pay to watch it

Lol.
Yeah, I'm definitely giving up hope on these movies.
I'll just wait for them to come out on DVD.

I can't even believe they can charge $8 bucks to see movies, lol.

LiNuX
01-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Lol.
Yeah, I'm definitely giving up hope on these movies.
I'll just wait for them to come out on DVD.

I can't even believe they can charge $8 bucks to see movies, lol.

a theater around here charges $5 before 2 pm and then $6 until 6 pm then goes up to like $11 after 6 pm lol - when they first opened all tickets cost $2 :D good times lol

but i wouldn't even want to get the DVD of this movie, I'd rather wait for it to come out on some cable channel and watch it, shouldn't take more than 2 years and I am actually willing to wait that long for a movie of this quality

rukisuto
01-27-2008, 11:29 AM
a theater around here charges $5 before 2 pm and then $6 until 6 pm then goes up to like $11 after 6 pm lol - when they first opened all tickets cost $2 :D good times lol

but i wouldn't even want to get the DVD of this movie, I'd rather wait for it to come out on some cable channel and watch it, shouldn't take more than 2 years and I am actually willing to wait that long for a movie of this quality

Rofl.

The theater here charges $5 or $6 for a matinee, $7 for a student, and $8 after 5 PM.
I remember tickets use to be like $5. I don't understand why the price has to go up, lol.

I would only rent the DVD because my parents have this movie pass with Blockbuster. So we have unlimited rentals :]

LiNuX
01-27-2008, 11:36 AM
then its alright, i never bought anything from blockbuster, there really arent many here in NYC

my university has a movie theater of its own, im better off going in there to watch the movies, even though they don't get all the movies, they get some, like spiderman and the bourne ultimatum when they first came out, tickets costs like $4 for me since im a student there :D

rukisuto
01-27-2008, 11:44 AM
No blockbuster?
That's surprising.
NYC has almost everything else, lol. :]

jakncoke
01-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Isn't Blockbuster on the edge of bankruptcy ? I know Movie Gallery is, Netflix is pwning everybody.

rukisuto
01-27-2008, 11:53 AM
I didn't think they were.
It would make sense though.
They recently jacked up the price of the movie pass, its ridiculous.

We used Netflix at one point, I didn't like it at all.

LiNuX
01-27-2008, 11:58 AM
yea blockbuster stores are closing everywhere, no one in NYC even looks for a blockbuster lol, I think there was one here in queens like 8 or 9 years ago but there aren't any blockbusters here anymore

netflix is taking over the movie rental market and they have been doing a great job too

but if you have DTV, you can order the movies to watch at home instantly but too bad that's only for 24 hrs, otherwise that would really take over

rukisuto
01-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I have Direct TV.
It's like $2.50 to get the movie for 24 hours.
But I also have TiVO too, so I just record it :]

LiNuX
01-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I have Direct TV.
It's like $2.50 to get the movie for 24 hours.
But I also have TiVO too, so I just record it :]

yeah another thing lol, tivo, better than going to the store to rent a dvd lol, i dont have a tivo set so i dont know if you can transfer the movie to your computer or not, if yes then you can make your own DVDs at home and keep it forever lol

rukisuto
01-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Lol.
I sure someone somewhere made some modification so you could actually do that.
That would be really cool.

LiNuX
01-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Lol.
I sure someone somewhere made some modification so you could actually do that.
That would be really cool.

i probably would, record all the music videos I like and put them on my PC lol, and since i have just an ipod nano, i can't put videos in it, i'd just extract the audio from the music video and put it in my ipod :D

no need to worry about all those viruses you get with p2p programs (haven't used these for like 8 years lol) and it is legal, after all tivo allows you to record shows legally lol

BlackCain
01-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I've never heard of netflix or movie gallery...

here in england we have blockbuster and choices (<mine closed down :()

jakncoke
01-28-2008, 12:43 AM
I believe netflix is USA/Canada only or just USA only. If you haven't heard of Movie Gallery yet you never will, they just recently closed down like 600 of there 3000 stores(mine included leaving a monopoly to Family Video) and there stock is like 5 cents a share, When mine closed I read up on them and they were talking about if they didn't do something decent this year they would be filing Chapter 11, It funny how there shares were down to like 2 cents a share. If I had any confidence at them coming back I would invest like 5k in them and by some miracle they could get to 20 a share and then bam nice payday

rukisuto
01-28-2008, 04:35 AM
Yeah, I haven't heard of Movie Gallery either.
I hate Family Video, lol.

jakncoke
01-28-2008, 04:41 AM
I can't believe this movie debuted @ #1, I thought for sure Cloverfield and Rambo would be it. It debuted @ 18.725 million. Cloverfield was #4

rukisuto
01-28-2008, 04:43 AM
You're right.
'Cause Cloverfield only debuted last weekend.
It was because of all the hype.

Didn't Rambo just come out this weekend?
I don't think I'll ever see that, lol.

LiNuX
01-28-2008, 07:17 AM
meet the spartans was 1? lol, people probably thought it would be funny

rambo looks like it has a lot of explosion but the story probably sux and cloverfield wasn't that good, well thats what i hear, and people getting motion sickness while watching the movie cuz of the so many flashes and camera movement lol

rukisuto
01-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Haha, I know.
There was a sign at the ticket counter that had a warning.
I actually liked Cloverfield. It just doesn't give you a resolution.

Dflat Major
01-28-2008, 02:54 PM
I didn't like Date Movie, or Epic Movie, soo I just didn't bother seeing Meet the Spartans.

younging94
01-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Meet the Spartans was stupidly funny, i enjoyed it.
O, and speaking of cloverfield, alot of people didnt like it because they didnt see the monster alot and they didnt know where it came from. I just think that is a stupid reason. Personally it was an excellent movie, wish it was longer though.

rukisuto
01-30-2008, 05:10 AM
That's stupid.
The whole point of Cloverfield was to make it like the Blairwitch.
People get on my nerves when they don't listen.

That's why there's no resolution or anything.

red_socks
02-01-2008, 10:43 AM
I didn't like Date Movie, or Epic Movie, soo I just didn't bother seeing Meet the Spartans.

Well try to see it for urself because it tops cloverfield and rambo..

rukisuto
02-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Well try to see it for urself because it tops cloverfield and rambo..

Cloverfield?
Definitely not.
Meet the Spartans was lame.

red_socks
02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Cloverfield?
Definitely not.
Meet the Spartans was lame.

Have you seen the film???How can you say that it's lame??

rukisuto
02-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Have you seen the film???How can you say that it's lame??

I can say it was lame because I saw it.
I started this thread 'cause I saw it, lol.

Jaykub
02-15-2008, 02:23 PM
It was a good movie not the best but I would see it a few more times

Nerdy Knight
02-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeah, this movie was NOT good. I enjoyed all the other movies like Epic Movie and Date Movie, but this was definitely not worth seeing in theaters for $6.50. Like rukisuto said, the first half hour of it was ok, but the rest was just stupid. The Ghost-Rider part especially was stupid and unnecessary. Word of advice everyone. DON'T waste your money on seeing this movie in theaters. Don't even rent it. Just check it out on PPV, but I can't say you'll enjoy it.

LiNuX
02-26-2008, 10:24 AM
is it still in theaters? lol

and why should i pay per view for this movie lol - wait for it to come on on TBS or something :-P hehe

jakncoke
02-26-2008, 10:51 AM
is it still in theaters? lol

and why should i pay per view for this movie lol - wait for it to come on on TBS or something :-P hehe

It placed 27th for the weekend with $447,148 and still can be found in 587 theaters. Only way i'm watching this is if it comes to cinnemax, hbo , showtime.. in which case it probably will in 12-15 months.

wifi
02-26-2008, 11:26 AM
lol the movie is still selling :-P surprised after all the reviews around the web

rukisuto
02-26-2008, 01:57 PM
How can it still be out? Lol.
Put it out of it's misery ;]

jakncoke
02-26-2008, 02:25 PM
How can it still be out? Lol.
Put it out of it's misery ;]

That's how the movie industry works. Movies stay out longer than most ppl think.

rukisuto
02-26-2008, 02:43 PM
That's how the movie industry works. Movies stay out longer than most ppl think.

I always thought they stayed out for like a month.
How long do they stay out?

LiNuX
02-26-2008, 02:48 PM

some stay out for like 4-5 months - some movies are made for theaters and stay open for like a year lol

just depends on when they want to pull it, if they see revenue is down, they pull it and then release it on dvd a few months later for more profit

rukisuto
02-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Oh, wow.
That's definitely way longer than I would have ever guessed.

jakncoke
02-26-2008, 03:14 PM

Not counting IMAX movies as there are like 8 that have been in theaters for over 100 weeks, 1 of them even 473 and that movie still made the top 100. Here is some old movies that are still in the top 100.

Juno- 12 weeks and still placed 8th this weekend
No country for old men- 16 weeks and still placed 12th
Alvin and the Chipmunks- 11 weeks and placed 20th
National Treasure: Book of secrets- 10 weeks and placed 23rd
Michael Clayton- 21 weeks and placed 25th
Enchanted- 14 weeks and placed 30th
Sweeney Todd- 10 weeks and placed 35th
I am Legend - 11 weeks and placed 36th
The Golden Compass- 12 weeks and placed 45th
Into the Wild- 23 weeks and placed 53rd