PDA

View Full Version : A Wii Downfall

KittyCat72
01-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Of course there are a few downfalls of the Wii, like any other console... but the most annoying that I didn't realise until a day or two ago is that you can't do anything with the gamecube memory cards. I wanted to save a file for Super Mario Baseball on my memory card, but there wasn't enough room; so I was going to erase something when it hit me... you can't on the Wii! Unfortunatly, my Gamecube broke quite a while back. No file for me...

LiNuX
01-27-2008, 12:44 PM
that sux, but downfall or downside? lol, downfall usually regards to it just going down and downside is just another thing the wii has that just disappoints you

i dont have a gamecube or the wii sadly , but why would you want to save it on to the wii one? would it let you play that game?

BlackCain
01-27-2008, 12:50 PM
I usually wait a year before getting new consoles so ther people can tell me the dowsides to them.

Apart from the PS2, which I won from a comic, and the PS3, which i got uber cheap.

I haven't seen anything compelling me to get the Wii so far.
It looks fun but most things are XD

Can't you save things directly onto the Wii, or is it like a PS2 where you need a card/cube/chip?
(Stupid question, but I am stupid :))

jakncoke
01-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Only downfall really for the console it has the least good games right now and looking at the lineups that will stay the same.

KittyCat72
01-27-2008, 01:50 PM
that sux, but downfall or downside? lol, downfall usually regards to it just going down and downside is just another thing the wii has that just disappoints you

i dont have a gamecube or the wii sadly , but why would you want to save it on to the wii one? would it let you play that game?

I was just thinking about that before you said it... should be downside. You can play Gamecube games on the Wii, and it has a spot to hook up you remotes and put in your memory cards. I never thought about it, but it has a slot 1 and slot 2 for them; you don't need 2 spots if you can't transfer data!

conman1000
01-27-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't really play my gamecube games on my Wii all that often. So it doesn't matter to me.

But i have those huge 2,000 something block memory card. So the only thing I am worried about are witht he sport games.

Empress
01-30-2008, 08:23 PM
This isn't true, you can manage your Gamecube data in the Wii settings, just go to the same place where you manage your save files for your Wii, with your GC memory card inserted, and the option will be there.

Sensetivity
01-31-2008, 08:06 AM
Of course there are a few downfalls of the Wii, like any other console... but the most annoying that I didn't realise until a day or two ago is that you can't do anything with the gamecube memory cards. I wanted to save a file for Super Mario Baseball on my memory card, but there wasn't enough room; so I was going to erase something when it hit me... you can't on the Wii! Unfortunatly, my Gamecube broke quite a while back. No file for me...

Well the console can always be a console from "Dreams"... So you see evry console hase it down side. But an downfall? I do not think so:laugh: Its only a downside. The will Fix it when they have the chance i am sure of it!

Empress
01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Um, it's not an issue, you CAN CHANGE AROUND, DELETE, AND MODIFY your information on your Gamecube cards. Check in your options.

KittyCat72
02-02-2008, 11:32 AM
This isn't true, you can manage your Gamecube data in the Wii settings, just go to the same place where you manage your save files for your Wii, with your GC memory card inserted, and the option will be there.

I was looking for something like that but I gave up when the game tried to redirect me to it and it didn't work. Lol, I guess I'll try again.

glenofimaal
02-02-2008, 11:38 AM
so you can manage your gamecube games on it

not that it matters to me i have a working gamecube still even with a wii

KittyCat72
02-02-2008, 11:50 AM
I got it to work... don't know what was wrong last time. Well I guess there's no need for this topic now.
***Topic Locked***