PDA

View Full Version : Ever thought about a for sale or swap it section??

jimbo29
01-30-2008, 03:34 AM
A lot of the forums I use seem to have some form of for sale sections normally along the lines of what the forum is about. It could be a place to sell things like games, consoles, peripherals etc....

This could make a nice area for selling old games you don't use anymore. There is always someone that wants the old game you got bored of.

I also started thinking about a way of doing it using some form of swap it shop style, where the the buyer has to pay using points and those points are then used to purchase something else and so on.....

What do you think??

Jim.

LiNuX
01-30-2008, 04:02 PM
moved to questions and suggestions

well we did have contests before where you can buy steam games for GFP and we gave out about 3 of those, unfortunately since moving to vbulletin and going through all the host switching, the funding to give out stuff for points isn't available, not yet at least, hope to bring that back soon :D

and i doubt others will be willing to sell games and other items just for GFP, not worth too much in the real world yet

and one reason I don't have a buy/sell section here is because unlike ebay, we cannot enforce the rules

for example, if someone buys a game and gets paid but doesn't ship the item or even come back to the forum - the person that paid will feel they have gotten ripped off and blame no one else but Gamers Forum. We cannot legally or well, get the correct information from our users truthfully and we aren't able to verify addresses and even paypal accounts due to restrictions

and i highly doubt paypal will cooperate with our forum when it comes to transactions like that because they are owned by Ebay and they are more likely to tell us to sell through ebay and just post the links here which is practically useless, just a way for the seller to advertise