PDA

View Full Version : AMD or Intel?

LiNuX
01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
This question is familiar because I've asked for preference before from you guys, this time I am asking for type of a recommendation just like the xp or vista thread.

I probably will settle for XP and play with Vista later when I have more time on my hands.

But if you had to recommend me AMD or Intel, which would it be?

AMD has the price advantage and it is very good and i have personal exp with it, well i have personal exp with intel as well

Intel has the power advantage but to get that power you have to spend more money.

I am looking to build myself a new computer because this current one is old and I simply need a better computer and building one will cost me less money than If I wanted to upgrade my current one.

I bought myself the Case already which is expected to be delivered tomorrow and I hope to collect all my pieces of the new PC by the end of february, that's when my Spring Break Begins

And btw, your vote will pick both the Processor and Motherboard because they both have to be AMD or Intel depending on which way I go.

Ubernerd
01-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Intel, one of those dual or quad sets. They've always served me well ^^

(lol, there's an AMD advert right above this text box as I write)

Strickin
01-31-2008, 02:09 PM
I personally favor AMD.

LiNuX
01-31-2008, 05:55 PM
Intel, one of those dual or quad sets. They've always served me well ^^

(lol, there's an AMD advert right above this text box as I write)

AMD has dual core as well, not sure about the quad core though - my current server runs on AMD Athlon dual core processor, ITS AWESOME lol

I personally favor AMD.

yeah i favor that cuz its cheap and it can work just as well - but i've never made an intel computer lol - i've taken them apart but that doesn't count

Dflat Major
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Intel fails @ lyfe.

AMD ftw.

diablo
02-07-2008, 12:25 AM
i never used amd, i've used intel all my life so i voted that

LiNuX
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
lol

well i found a good amd processor then i was told its "lol" and was recommended another one slightly better by lonewolf lol :D

AMD costs a lot less and it'll help me get the parts faster :D

looere
02-19-2008, 11:29 PM
I prefer Intel

prateek/pwnage
02-20-2008, 03:11 AM
Intel for this one. Its just their history. but AMD is shiz anyway.

|Cl3aN|
02-29-2008, 07:29 PM
im an intel fanboy.....

but for hardware its all about price range

future proof= q6600

kickass performance= e6850@1333 fsb is nice

but you cant dooo shizz without the righht mobo

LiNuX
02-29-2008, 08:56 PM
its a pretty close poll lol - but both have their advantages and disadvantages

amd has the price advantage and intel has the power for most of their processors - but as clean said - you can't do much without the right motherboard