PDA

View Full Version : Wii games Problem

UltraBoom
01-31-2008, 09:28 AM
Whenever i insert one of the Game Cds i have (GH3 to be specific )to my wii console the game wouldn't appear on the game channel and it says that the wii wasn't able to read the cd , now when i try playing one of my old games (Zelda for Ex) it works fine and smooth :mad1: , i was wondering how does that happen ? , Can someone help me solve this problem please ? :-(

LiNuX
01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
it could be that the cd is corrupted, check for scratches or something

if you got the game recently go to the store and exchange it for a new one and tell them it doesn't work

i've had a problem with a game on the PS1 before, years back, think it was an X-men game - it turned out to be the cd and it didn't have any scratches

UltraBoom
01-31-2008, 12:36 PM
I checked its not the cd , it doesn't have any scratches , finger prints or anything , I can't return it now cause i bought it from Paris and i'm back at libya now =S , its not just that CD , all the other games i bought don't work either .

LiNuX
01-31-2008, 12:40 PM
I checked its not the cd , it doesn't have any scratches , finger prints or anything , I can't return it now cause i bought it from Paris and i'm back at libya now =S , its not just that CD , all the other games i bought don't work either .

lol wow paris huh

well i guess its the console then -

or is it that all the games you bought from paris dont work? or all games in general doesn't work?

UltraBoom
01-31-2008, 12:51 PM
All the games i bought don't work for some reason but all my old

games work :S.

Empress
01-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Games are area coded, you probably bought games that are meant for a different system.

For example, my friend has a Japanese Wii. He can only play imported Japanese games, he cannot play European Wii games, or American Wii games, or French Wii games. The system's are coded in this manner. You probably bought a game that is foreign to your system.

LiNuX
01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Games are area coded, you probably bought games that are meant for a different system.

For example, my friend has a Japanese Wii. He can only play imported Japanese games, he cannot play European Wii games, or American Wii games, or French Wii games. The system's are coded in this manner. You probably bought a game that is foreign to your system.

yeah thats why i asked if it was just the games from paris that didn't work lol

otherwise i'd be getting my games from overseas somewhere, cheaper than here lol

UltraBoom
02-01-2008, 07:15 AM

Thanks for the answer , now i have to fly to the USA to buy wii games cause they don't sell them here ;( , thanks again.

KingHellFire
02-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Lol nice...

That's a pretty neat security system, that way you cant buy games for extremely cheap from some other country.

Jaykub
02-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Prob the games was near a magnet or its just bad little game

ablaye
02-27-2008, 08:51 PM

I did not know that. I thought only DVDs were area-coded.