PDA

View Full Version : 300 - March to Glory

Raw!
02-02-2008, 09:59 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/300-March-to-Glory-boxart.jpg

Design - 7/10

I didn't see an attempt at the graphics in this game. However, that doesn't mean it is that horrible. However, you will be looking at this game in disgust. Let me start by saying, all enemies are the same. Nothing looks different. The different level design however, is pretty well done. The levels, however, I can say have the most differences. Which is a good thing. So you don't play the same thing over and over again. It can bore you to death, which will make you want to drop the game and stop playing. There are some frame-rate issues, and sometimes when you turn around you don't see your guy at all. There is however armour, spears, and skills upgrade. Doesn't look to choppy, and looks pretty cool looking on you. I give the design a 7/10.

Story - 8/10

The story is just like the movie. Except here, you see some additional points, additional battles, etc. In short, the game goes beyond the movie, but sticks to it. So, let me go straight to the story if you haven't seen the movie. The story is basically like this. (NOTE: THIS MAY DIFFER FROM THE MOVIE, AND MAY SKIP SOME PARTS, BUT THIS IS THE OFFICIAL IN GAME STORYLINE) The Persian's threaten Sparta with slavery and death. So King Leonidas, kicks the Persian's into the pit of death. A signal that he is engaging into war with the persian's. Leonidas then goes to the oracle, they turn him down and say Sparta will wage no war because of the festival of Carneia. (I hope I didn't mispell that, lol) Anyway, Leonidas, furious, takes 300 men as his body guards, and march's to the Hot Gates, were wave after wave of persian's attack them. This is where you come in. You are fighting them, and this is how the game goes. Simple, I know. I give the story a 8/10.

Gameplay - 7/10

The gameplay is boring. Why? Because guess how many times you will be pressing that X button of yours combining it with the O? Around.. the entire game. Yup. Nothing new. All it takes is to memorize a few combo's, and you are fine. It is really boring. I give the gameplay a 7/10.

Overall 7.3/10

The game has not bad of a story, a sad attempt at graphics, and around 5 hours of button pressing. With that said, I recommend that you rent this game, and do not purchase.

My Comments:

I keep this game. (yes I bought it) And I play it all the time. If you are a true 300 fan, you will get it. And this is my 2 cents, hope you enjoyed it.

rukisuto
02-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Nice.
Couldn't imagine the game being so fantastic anyways.

Thanks for the review.

Raw!
02-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Yeah. This game, you can say is a must buy for true 300 fans.