PDA

View Full Version : Some help with fonts.

Raw!
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Okay, when I go to dafont.com, download the text. I then go to Control Panel, Fonts, and place the font in there. It worked on my Windows XP computer. And for some reason, it doesn't work on my Vista. When I open up CS2, I don't see the font I downloaded. Is there a reason for this?

LiNuX
02-03-2008, 12:06 PM
reason: vista

lol do u see why people don't like vista that much? im not a 100% sure that that's the case but there could be a way that makes you install the font? not sure, did you try restarting the programs or even your computer?

Raw!
02-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Ahh yes. I noticed. When it says Download, it only says Mac OS X and PC. Is there any other font sites specifically for Vista? Thanks for your help nonetheless.

LiNuX
02-03-2008, 12:17 PM
i am not sure where to get them, some make it so you have to pay for them, i haven't come across any free vista fonts yet, i'll keep my eye open though

rukisuto
02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Fonts from Dafont do work on Vista.

This happened to me.
After you download the font just right click the screen and press refresh.
It should be installed.

Vista is just.. different, lol :]

Raw!
02-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Not for me. When I put the font into the Fonts in Control Panel, not only is it not listed there, but it ain't even in CS2.

rukisuto
02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
I know.
What you need to do is after you install the font into your control panel is right click the font screen and press refresh.
Your font should show up.

Riku-Nara
02-03-2008, 03:17 PM
just taking it from the sight here, when you download the font, right click on it and choose "install"
i just extracted it to my desktop and did that.

KittyCat72
02-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Lol, this topic is heping me too. I couldn't get any fonts from there because of my Vista.

Raw!
02-03-2008, 03:56 PM
rukitsu, thanks a bunch. This is how I did it. Once I installed, I put it on desktop and right clicked and put 'Extract All'. Then I went Control Panel>Appearance and Personalizastion>Font and dragged it in. Refresh, and boom. It works. Thanks.

rukisuto
02-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh, I see what you guys were stuck on.
You didn't extract the files first?
Sorry, I didn't know that.
That's probably why it wasn't working.
I'm glad you got it though :]