PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2

Raw!
02-03-2008, 12:48 PM
This game is being reviewed for the PC.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/box-l-1.jpg

Design - 8.5/10

Don't get me wrong, the graphics look good. But still, not good enough to compete with the 360 and PS3 type graphics. Let me say, aside from the crates, boxes, tunnels, guns, and people, everything else is 2-D. Imagine, walking and then quickly turning around, and seeing the building you saw, be just a little line. That is 2-D for you. And I ain't a fan of that, especially when you got Xbox 360 and PS3 type graphics to fight. The graphics are okay, but, you could make it better. However, this doesn't mean that the people and guns are bad. The guns are rendered really well and look beautiful. Same with the people. The face, and everything. Really well done. I give the graphics a 8.5/10.

Story - 6/10

The story is so simple. That there isn't even a story. You are playing 3 different people. A Brit, Russian, and an American. In the beginning you play as a Russian, then a British, and then a American. The story is told by real video's from World War 2. Which is kind-of interesting. But I mean, come on, we all know what happened in WWII. Where you go, and where you are is all written down on a piece of paper. That is your mission objective. You read it from the start, and then move on and do it. Not much fun, trust me. The game is pretty short, you can beat it in a couple of hours, so not much points scored there. So, if you want me to sum the story in a couple of words. This is it. Read objective, kill some bad guys. Yeah, you are done. That is all that is. Truthfully, who bought CoD2 because of the story? If you did. You will be disappointed. I give the story a 6/10.

Gameplay - 7/10

Let me put it to you this way. It is boring. All you do is click click, kill kill. Nothing else. Maybe you have to plant a bomb and then runaway, but that is about it. It is completely boring. However, the thing that makes CoD2 shine most of all is the Multiplayer. Trust me. It's great. Most people are good there, so it is a challenge. And using what you have learned from the maps in single player, you find some good sniper spots. Most people in CoD2 are campers, so always check corners and everything. Like I said, click click, kill kill. That defines the story.

Overall - 7/10.

CoD2 is great, don't get me wrong. But trying to find good graphics, and a good story-line in it.. well, that isn't what it was made for. It was made for the mutliplayer, you can't deny. Only because of the pretty good graphics, and fun multiplayer does it get a 7/10. This game is either a buy, or not.

My Comments:

Look, I play CoD2 only because of the multiplayer. However it doesn't mean I didn't beat the single player. I did. Trust me, it isn' that fun and is pretty short. The multiplayer is what makes it shine. That is my 2 cents.

-Leader of the Game Reviewer's - \/\/ario

LiNuX
02-03-2008, 08:48 PM
I have never played COD2, i played the original then skipped to the 4th one lol

kudos, good review :D