PDA

View Full Version : Spore Q&A Thread

Raw!
02-03-2008, 04:57 PM
This is the official Spore Q&A thread. In Spore, you may have lots of questions about it. Why? Because the plot of it is confusing. So let me go over some key elements in what it is. And hope that you guys, become addicted just as me.

What is Spore?

Spore is a game where you start of as one tiny cell in a pool. Similar to how frog's are born. Anyway, you begin eating away, and eating until you are full enough to go into the next stage. Once there, you can edit your little creature. Make it look human, an ape, a dinosaur, an animal, an alien, something in between of an animal and human. Anything you want. And I mean ANYTHING. Than you make your own culture. Jewish? Christian? Or something entirely different. Then make your own city, and once you complete that. You make vehicles, teach your city your culture, and make sure everyone is happy. Or, be a mean dictator. Take money from the city and unleash your wrath on the people. Once you complete your city, your next step is to build a space ship, travel to space. See new planets, and conquer them, and more. Then travel to stars, millions of them. The possibilities are endless.

When is Spore coming out?

Spore is currently TBA. (To Be Announced)
View this thread for further information. This may be the official release date. And it may not be.
Spore Release Date (http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/05/09/spore-release-date-delayed-until-between-april-2008-and-end-2009.htm)

Where can I see the trailer?

Here are links to trailers.

Official Spore Trailer (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=v00nxRoS3iw)

Spore - GC 2007 Exclusive Trailer (Part 1) (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ONd2jppdOcI&feature=related)

Here is the same trailer as above, but without them talking.
Spore - GC 2007 Exclusive Trailer (Part 2) (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ9hSRH6a0A)

What are the system requirements?

There are no official system requirements for the game yet, please check back when the game is close to the release.

(Note: This is for PC only!)

On what system's is it coming out?

Officially this is being released on the PC. And it also is announced on the Wii.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Any further questions are to be asked here, or, if this thread is busy, and you have a important question please PM me personally.

On a side-note, the plot listed above is unofficial, and may be subject to change through it's release time.

Also, don't turn your smile into a frown if Spore is delayed. It has been delayed for 2 years, but it is well on it's way, and looks beautiful.

Note: This Q&A thread will be updated when Spore itself updates. Please view this for more information, it will save countless of threads like this once it comes out.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Recent Updates:

Thread Created - Sunday, February 3
Added release date section + System Requirements section - Sunday February, 3, 09:21 PM
Added 'What system Spore is being released' on section. - Sunday February, 3, 09:51 PM

jakncoke
02-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Are you sure it's coming in 2008, I'm almost positive I read somewhere that is was delayed till 09'. Anyway too bad that my computer sucks because this game will pwn hardcore win.

Raw!
02-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Let me check one more time. And that reminds me, I need to put the Computer Spec requirements.. Thanks for the mention.

Jaykub
02-03-2008, 07:11 PM
hope it comes may

Raw!
02-03-2008, 07:28 PM
I updated the thread. Just a note. If you like this thread, please visit it regularly. It is being updated daily.

rukisuto
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
This looks incredibly awesome :]
I'm gonna have to get a new computer by the time this comes out, lol.

Raw!
02-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Ahh! Again you remind me of something. This is also announced on for the Wii.

rukisuto
02-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Only the Wii? Nuts.
It'd be a lot easier if they could just put it on the 360.

Raw!
02-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Noo! It is ALSO announced on the Wii.

Meaning it is being released on the PC. Also announced on the Wii.
Please read the guide.

Also, if you have read the entire guide, check the update section below. It will have all the updated stuff, and you may have not seen the updated stuff. So read that section.

rukisuto
02-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah, yeah. I gotcha :]
I'm just saying, they should release it to other consoles too.
I'd much rather play it on my 360 than my computer.

Raw!
02-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Actually, there are some rumors swirrling around that they are coming to 360 and PS3 too.

rukisuto
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM
That would definitely make my day.
Is there any reason the release has been delayed so long?

jakncoke
02-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Actually, there are some rumors swirrling around that they are coming to 360 and PS3 too.
I doubt that will happen, Will Wright loves the Wii and hates the 360/PS3. I read a interview and was sorta shocked..if he wasn't awesome I defiantly would have told eff you and skipped Spore and any other game he ever came up with again

Raw!
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
True that, jakncoke. But I have yet to see him say, that he hates 360/PS3. There are however semi-official rumors about the Spore coming onto Wii.

jakncoke
02-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I would try and find the interview but it was a long time ago and he didn't come out and say it but he defiantly danced around saying that and you could see(actually read but same thing)through his actual statements and see his true feelings

Raw!
02-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Alright. If you can find it, please show me. Thanks.

rukisuto
06-17-2008, 06:43 PM
So, Spore is officially coming out September 7, 2008 :]
I'm definitely getting it.

Kujo
06-18-2008, 12:46 AM
I still have mixed feelings about the game. I've never been one for casual games. I've always been into the more hardcore of games. It looks good tho. May have to wait till a friend buys it and play at there house.

Raw!
06-18-2008, 06:48 AM
I didn't realise this thread was still up.

Anyway, I'm still getting it, it sounds like a really nice game, but I don't know if my laptop can hold it, because I remember Crysis demo didn't work on it.

jakncoke
06-18-2008, 08:33 AM
So Spore Creature Creator debuted yesterday, anyone dl it? it's free and is 206 mb..I just started my dl. should be done within the hour.

Trial (http://www.spore.com/trial)

Edit: It seem I am retarded and thought different...the dl is just free trial and there is a full version for buy somewhere I suppose(just reading though gaf's games that come in the next 2wks thread and gathered that)...hopefully they let me try this SCC for a little bit..and hopefully my comp isn't chugging along to badly trying to play it...I assume 1.37 GB of Ram isn't enough

rukisuto
06-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I saw that.
I didn't download it though.
Can you upload the creatures you create to the spore game when it's released..?

jakncoke
06-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I saw that.
I didn't download it though.
Can you upload the creatures you create to the spore game when it's released..?

I would assume that's a yes but honestly don't know. haha finally done dl'ing.

rukisuto
06-18-2008, 09:19 AM
I would assume that's a yes but honestly don't know. haha finally done dl'ing.

Tell me how it is.
I don't know if I want to download it yet.

jakncoke
06-18-2008, 09:57 AM
boo it seems I don't have the right equipment to run this. RAM was fine but it seems my video card is not supported.

Shixx
06-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Friends Creature-
mKVPLIfgkrw

heres 2 I uploaded-
QBokHciLpJ4

z0hjXC7xYvU

It seems cool, I'll definately get this game.

rukisuto
06-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Your creatures are pretty nifty.
I'm going to have to download this thing.
It's supposed to thunderstorm today.. so now I'll have something to do :]

Raoul
11-10-2010, 03:49 AM
This Spore game is really funny and the game is fun to play. There are many things that you can do in this game like make new friends, attack the other creatures, take over colonies and etc. it's really fun to play:laugh: