PDA

View Full Version : Madden 08

conman1000
02-04-2008, 07:08 PM
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/01/madden_08.jpg

This is the latest installment in the world of American Football, and it is, I have to say the best yet.

Graphics: 8/10

These graphics have to be the best in a Madden game yet, but it is still in the middle when compared to other games such as Halo 3, Super Mario Galaxy, and other top games last year.

http://www.123gameon.com/Madden%2008%20revised.JPG

Franchise Mode:
Franchise mode is back, with more features than ever, read the newspaper, receive e-mails, and listen to the Tony Bruno show to get in depth on what is going on around the league. In the Play Week mode, you can see how you compare to the weeks opponent, as well as look at their ranks and favorite plays.

Super Star Mode:
Much of the same as last year, your goal: Make your way into the Hall Of Fame. You start out as a rookie, unlike in pervious years. You pick your stats instead of picking a pair of parents. Go through the combine and the draft; finish the season, and all that stuff.
You as usual are invited to the Madden Bowl, if you want a challenging Madden Game, this is it, it is the toughest competition I have, (I’m the best out of all my friends) and I got beat every time but once. Once you finish your first season, you get all the Endorsements and all that, but the Hall Of Fame Board is where you want to go. It has a “Fan Poll” in which, they select 5 players for every position who is most likely to make it into the Hall Of Fame, so once you get on top of that list, that should be when you start thinking about retirement.
Also, unlike in pervious years, you can also pick on the players from the Draft Class, so if you want to, you can be Jamarcus Russel, or Adrian Peterson for example.

Rating: 10/10
http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/madden_browns_score.jpg
Wii Features:
The Wii was special in this game; they took out many things, but added a lot.
Taken Away:
Tony Bruno show
Mirror in Super Star Mode
Barber Shop in Super Star Mode
…and many other things.
Given:
Online Play
Party Mode (Will feature a section on this is later)
Usage of Miis
20+ Minigames

Conclusion: Loved the stuff that was taken away, but the things that were added, that makes it all better.

Music: Madden, is always known for its sound track, and this year I personally love it.
Airbourne - Runnin' Wild
Atreyu - Becoming
Brother Ali - Whatcha Got
Daddy Yankee - Impacto
Datarock - The New Song
Earl Greyhound - S.O.S.
Enter Shikari - OK, Time For Plan B
From Autumn To Ashes - Daylight Slaving
HE**YEAH - You Wouldn't Know
Jupiter One - Countdown
MIMS - Cop It
Murs - Dreadlocks
O-Solo - Monsta
Operator - Soul Crusher
Ozzy Osbourne - I Don't Wanna Stop
Pharoahe Monch feat. Showtyme - Desire
Pitbull feat. Don Omar - Fuego Remix
Queens Of The Stone Age - 3's & 7's
Red1 feat. Afu-Ra - Dem No Worry We
Shadows Fall - Redemption
Swizz Beatz - It's Me Snitches
Sum 41 - Underclass Hero
Team Shadetek feat. 77Klash & Jahdan - Brooklyn Anthem
The Bravery - Believe
The Hives - Tick Tick Boom
The Used - The Ripper
Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake - Release
Yellowcard - Fighting
Zion I & The Grouch - Hit'em
Borrowed from IGN
There are also many instrumentals, including 1 my brother and I identified from Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Music: 9/10, I love Time for Plan B by Enter Shikari

Overall: 9/10, very good game, if it didn’t come out every year, I would say a must buy.
P.S: Will be doing a section on Party Mode later.

jakncoke
02-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Madden 2004, Madden 2003, Madden 99 were better. 08' ghey because the balance system is messed up but it's certainly better than 05/06/07 versions.. too bad EA is retarded and can't get PS3 up to 60 fps

rukisuto
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I wish I actually had the football knowledge to play it, lol.
I just watch my dad.

Good review. Makes me want to try it out :]

LiNuX
02-04-2008, 08:51 PM
great review and very informative, good job :D +rep given for the review

and i agree with jak when i say Madden '04 was better because to me after that, it's all the same, just the teams are updated and a little bit of better graphics

good work though

conman1000
02-05-2008, 04:48 PM
great review and very informative, good job :D +rep given for the review

and i agree with jak when i say Madden '04 was better because to me after that, it's all the same, just the teams are updated and a little bit of better graphics

good work though

I needed that rep, I've been at 294 for forever, now I have 4 bars.

Josh1995
02-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Madden 08 is a very fun game way better then Madden 07.

glenofimaal
02-05-2008, 04:59 PM
hey yopu actually did a review and a very nice one at that i'll probaly get it as my next game or maybe second next game because of SSBB

conman1000
02-05-2008, 05:01 PM
hey yopu actually did a review and a very nice one at that i'll probaly get it as my next game or maybe second next game because of SSBB

By that time there would be no point, '09 would almost be out.

glenofimaal
02-05-2008, 05:03 PM
By that time there would be no point, '09 would almost be out.

really when does it come out

and will you do another review?:yes:

conman1000
02-05-2008, 05:05 PM
More than likely, I bet you, they keep pushing Super Smash Bros. Brawl back far enough to the middle of August release of Madden '09.

glenofimaal
02-05-2008, 05:06 PM
More than likely, I bet you, they keep pushing Super Smash Bros. Brawl back far enough to the middle of August release of Madden '09.

so 09 will be mid of augest hey just around your birthday hmmm that gives me an idea:rolleyes1: