PDA

View Full Version : A couple of tips for Halo 3 online

Ubernerd
02-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Most of these are considered n00b tricks or obvious, but I'm bored and they do make all the difference so I'll post them.

1: Keep the aiming reticule high. Whenever playing (this was a hard habit for me to break) I would look down for some reason. This makes you a lot easier to assassinate or to just get pumped full of lead. It takes precious seconds to lift your weapon up and find you shooter, so it's better if it's just up in the first place.

2: Don't be a shotgun hog. Nobody likes them:-P

3: Reload after every firefight. I actually picked up this habit in FEAR, since running out of ammo during a firefight in that game is a sure death. Even if you just vultured a kill and only used a little ammo, it can take a full clip to take someone with full shields out.

4: Don't go in alone. If you run into a battle all by your lonesome, you will die. Every single time. Unless you get lucky with that Spartan Laser, of course.

5: Use a strategy. Obviously, there aren't going to be a bunch of Spartans hanging around making a plan at the beginning of a game, but you can still have one to go by. I find having sniper support and sending in two men with medium range weapons while another dude mans a turret or the like works very well. And the guys have to be decent at what their doing. Someone who likes driving the 'Hog around who's on the snipes? Probably won't work.

There were some more but I have to get ready for school *scoff* See you guys later in only 6 hours :mad1:

Raw!
02-12-2008, 06:47 AM
This should have went to the Halo sub-forum in the Shooter forum. Good job anyway.

GF Eric
02-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Started in wrong topic. Moved. :yes:

Jaykub
02-12-2008, 01:29 PM
NICE. See someones taking there mod spot seriously!

Strickin
02-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Also add don't be reckless and team-kill :(

Ubernerd
02-12-2008, 02:32 PM
That's true, I've seen less of it than in Halo 2, but it still happens and I could just-- *makes throttling motion*

rukisuto
02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I've always had the habit of reloading after a fight.
For some reason I have to press the button like four times, just to be sure. Lol.

I think the best thing about Halo is when you get a team that knows how to strategize. It definitely makes the gameplay a lot more fun and interesting.

glenofimaal
02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
i actually never played halo 3 yet ;( but when i do i'll use those tips:yes:

zombieman2777
02-14-2008, 05:10 AM
Might be a bit of a strange tip but when your playing on valhalla / sandtrap you should change your armor colour to the light brown as you will blend in with the rocks / sand and make you much harder to spot, great for sniping :D

Ubernerd
02-14-2008, 06:10 AM
Hey great point there zombieman, I never even thought about camo...mainly because I don't use snipes often, but hey.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

zombieman2777
02-14-2008, 06:19 AM
Hehe thx, Found it out yesterday when I was playing against my friend on Valhalla, he was perfectly blended in with the rocks, killed me 5 times untill i finally found a tiny bit of his head XD