PDA

View Full Version : The Vs Forum

Raw!
02-16-2008, 11:28 AM
The VS forum, what I have in my mind is basically a forum where we have our favorite video game characters battle it out. And we decide who wins based on popularity. Sortof like the SOTW of the week, but we nominate on 4 characters that we have maybe played as, seen, or just love to compete in this CBOTW (character battle of the week.)

So how about it?

rukisuto
02-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I think that's pretty cool, I don't know about a whole forum for it though.
You cold just host it in the general gaming forum, couldn't you?

glenofimaal
02-16-2008, 11:53 AM
i like that idea and i agree with rukisusto you shouldn't have a whole forum for it but maybe in the general gaming section :)

i hope we can do this ;)

Raw!
02-16-2008, 11:57 AM
gleno, that is the same thing with the sub-forum for the graphics shops. Let this be a sub-forum. Then everything will be piled up with the Gamer's Forum and nobody will see it.

rukisuto
02-16-2008, 11:59 AM
gleno, that is the same thing with the sub-forum for the graphics shops. Let this be a sub-forum. Then everything will be piled up with the Gamer's Forum and nobody will see it.

That sounds reasonable.
Like the SOTW sub-forum.
Then just make a sticky so everyone can vote.

glenofimaal
02-16-2008, 11:59 AM

oh ok yah we could have a sub-forum like that idea better than rukisuto's idea :-P
i wonder where LiNuX is :confused1:

Raw!
02-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Ruki, then we will have so many threads piling in the stickies. That isn't organized.

rukisuto
02-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Ruki, then we will have so many threads piling in the stickies. That isn't organized.

I was agreeing with you about the sub-forum.
I was saying it would be like the SOTW forum.
Not that we should just make stickies for it.

conman1000
02-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Yes, a sub-forum would do for this and it would be fun.

Jaykub
02-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I think its a great idea and sub forum is best

LiNuX
02-16-2008, 03:47 PM
sounds "silly"

for now you can host it in general gaming and then sticky the current active polls - when a new one comes out, you can unsticky

if it gets enough popularity, you can expect a new sub forum for it

i don't mean to be negative but i don't think this will be too interesting since people are voting for their favorite gaming character and nothing else

Dflat Major
02-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Didn't gamefaqs do that ?
lawl

LiNuX
02-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Didn't gamefaqs do that ?
lawl

if they did then this idea isn't very unique either lol

Raw!
02-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Yes, Dflat, gamefaqs did do this originally. However, they made it as of all time. And no nominations were made, nobody had to win anything. They just picked a set of characters out of a hat and made them fight. Not really fun. In this, we are nominating, then voting, and then having a CBOTM (of the month) and then having a of the year. So something similar, but more fun.

And I'll make a test run in Gamers Forum. If it is a bigger success than the Game of the Year, then we can expect a sub-forum as LiNuX has said.