PDA

View Full Version : Comments

YuriPrime
02-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Something bizarre happened when I was submitting a comment in the arcade. I typed "Whoops, thats idea not useridea, not sure how I typed that" and what appeared was, "Whoops, thats useridea not useridea, not sure how I smilietext that". Any ideas about why this is happening?

LiNuX
02-16-2008, 06:10 PM
lol, could be a mixup, does it happen every time you make a comment?

and next time for questions like this open in the correct thread, we have a board for arcade questions

~LiNuX

YuriPrime
02-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Sorry about that. I'll read the forum titles more carefully from now on.

I'm not really sure, it actually seems like it only does that for certain words. Next time you submit a score try typing in idea typed and see what happens (I'll try it again too).

EDIT - Yep, it did it again. typed became smilietext and idea became useridea. I think the next step is to find out if it is just happening to me or to others too.

LiNuX
02-16-2008, 06:43 PM
lol that happened to me too

wow thats funny and weird - its not any censor or anything, i'll see if i can figure anything out

Raw!
02-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Happened to me.

MATHGOD, why would you be writing that in the arcade anyway?

YuriPrime
02-16-2008, 09:25 PM
OK, I'll explain. After :Master: beat one of my high scores he said "Owned" as a comment. I didn't particularly appreciate that comment, so I beat his score and said "Irking me is not a good idea". I then looked at the leaderboard and the comment next to my score was "Irking me is not a good useridea". Puzzled by this, I played another game and made the comment "Whoops, thats idea not useridea, not sure how I typed that" but what showed up was "Whoops, thats useridea not useridea, not sure how I smilietext that".

As for my original comment, "Irking me is not a good idea", all I was trying to imply was that if you hit a nerve, it only motivates me to play harder at the game. That's all. Nothing to get alarmed about. :-)

Jaykub
02-16-2008, 09:44 PM
OK, I'll explain. After :Master: beat one of my high scores he said "Owned" as a comment. I didn't particularly appreciate that comment, so I beat his score and said "Irking me is not a good idea". I then looked at the leaderboard and the comment next to my score was "Irking me is not a good useridea". Puzzled by this, I played another game and made the comment "Whoops, thats idea not useridea, not sure how I typed that" but what showed up was "Whoops, thats useridea not useridea, not sure how I smilietext that".

As for my original comment, "Irking me is not a good idea", all I was trying to imply was that if you hit a nerve, it only motivates me to play harder at the game. That's all. Nothing to get alarmed about. :-)

By Irking you I beat your score agian