PDA

View Full Version : Too Violent?

LiNuX
12-10-2006, 10:21 AM
I know there are parents and other adults out there that think fighting games are a little too violent for the kids. Do you agree with them?

well i know what they mean, i wouldnt want to expose my child to violence like the games, but come on lol, these are just games, if u raise them the right way, they will know now to go around fighting, Like me. I've been playing fighting games for as long as i remember and nothing happened to me lol.

But...in those days, the graphics were more child proof lol, these days, you see blood and slashing and cutting up lol. Really graphic too. I have a split opinion on this.

What is your position on this?

crazay
12-12-2006, 05:49 PM
well it depends on the game and depends on the kid, i dont think they are too violent, u wont see me going around shooting people just because i saw it in a game lol :)

TheKing
12-12-2006, 08:59 PM
well it depends on the game and depends on the kid, i dont think they are too violent, u wont see me going around shooting people just because i saw it in a game lol :)

Yes i agree because it depends on the personality of the child playing the game and how the kid was raised

Twigz
12-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I agree with both of y'all...and I'm gonna add that if the parents think that the games are too violent, just don't buy 'em for your kid...move on...

souljaa
12-25-2006, 10:21 PM
I agree with both of y'all...and I'm gonna add that if the parents think that the games are too violent, just don't buy 'em for your kid...move on...

Yeah, agreed. But like Linux said...If you raise 'em right....They'll know themselves whats wrong and right.

Gamoc
07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't think games are TOO violent. Violent games have age ratings, and age ratings are for protecting children. If a child is affected by violence in a video game, like making the child more aggressive (which, btw, I think is complete crap), then it is the parent/guardian's fault.

Since I mentioned it; video games do not increase violence in children. I've been playing violent video games wince the PS1 come out, I got it the day it come out (I'm 17 now, so I think I was about six), and I'm not aggressive, or violent, I can control my temper, hell, I'm not even a mean person. Society blaming video games for violence in teenagers and children is stupid, and they're sadly mistaken.

LiNuX
07-10-2007, 03:40 PM
i opened this thread in the first place because of some news thing i saw on tv, it came out from the results of Grand Theft Auto games lol

Gamoc
07-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Ah GTA, I was playing that when I was 10 - I still haven't killed anything bigger than a spider (though I've seen a few big spiders), I don't steal, I don't attack people. Blaming games is the easy way out for parents. If a child is violent/aggressive/etc then it's their upbringing, not the games they played during.

LiNuX
07-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Ah GTA, I was playing that when I was 10 - I still haven't killed anything bigger than a spider (though I've seen a few big spiders), I don't steal, I don't attack people. Blaming games is the easy way out for parents. If a child is violent/aggressive/etc then it's their upbringing, not the games they played during.

well ur my age and im the same way, been playing since GTA 3 came out then vice city, havent played san andreas much tho, not a big fan of gta anymore

i dont steal either, not violent or agressive lol., sometimes people say im too nice tho, i dont always like that, people see me as soft :mask:but its life :yes:

Gamoc
07-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Looking 'soft' is better than looking 'hard' - people don't challenge you and hit you as much.

I've got San Andreas (PS2). It was ok, but got boring. And it's gone to the chavs -erm, that is to say, it's not about a chav, with gangs, gang warfare, etc. I prefer the Mafia type GTA.

LiNuX
07-10-2007, 04:48 PM
lol looking hard, well i do agree with you but looking soft all the time isnt great either

i still know some crazy san andreas fanatics, just cant stop playing even after most of the hype about the game is gone

Gamoc
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't stop playing a game after the hype has gone. If it's good, it's good, so I play it. But San Andreas got boring...

Every once in a while I put it on to use the Hydra cheat and fly around with six stars, dodging missiles, but not very often anymore.

Yash
07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Cant say if its violent for small games but in case of games like GTA 3 upwards its not advisable to b played by kids

Lol it mainly deals with a rouge's life lol doing all nonsense in the street but some ordinary games like street fighters can b entertained to all Kids

My personal opinion

Gerrit
07-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Well in my point of view they aren't really too violent.
As said above, it depends on the game. Also, games these days have filters and you can set the violence level. Mine's on high. I deserve to see it lol.

But for smaller kids; I saw a small dude play Grand Theft Auto and whacking the crap out of a person in the game.

Maybe it's better to leave these small kids alone :)
Or indroduce less violence.

Yash
07-15-2007, 10:10 AM
No not to reduce violence because you cant imagine a game like GTA with less violence in case of less violence ask those small kids to play harry potter series lol it will suit them

But as said this violent factor is game Dependant and based on the game type it is necessary

Gamoc
07-15-2007, 04:54 PM
If a small kid is playing GTA, it's the parent's/guardians's fault, not the game. Don't reduce the violence, stop the kids form playing it ¬¬

Eric
07-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Let kids do what they want. They will learn from it in the end

comfortablynumb.
08-16-2007, 02:37 PM
i think if you raise your kid right then they can play absolutly anything they want, you just have to tell them right from wrong.
if you dont want your kid to play violent video games then dont let them, its a simple as that, some of these parents are blaming the wong people
in stead of gaming companys that are making games insited for adults thay should watch them selfs

cwbolton
08-16-2007, 02:48 PM
i dont think theese games have an influence on kids if kids let them then it does i grew up plaing violent gusome and werestling games and it didnt affect me 1 bit i wasnt moody violent or anything so i think its a load of ****

XiMMiX
08-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Hmm... Listen to this i have a bro thats litller then me plays games like emm i dont know like guys cudnt play over 18 and he plays it not efecting him at all...:P

cwbolton
08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
i know its a load of crap thats been made up

Pepisa
08-24-2007, 07:44 PM
I dont relli think games are too violent. u see worse things IRL, like for example, the news. ppl outside beatin the crap out of each other, and if ure very unlucki, u have an mad uncle wit a riffle... >_>

LiNuX
08-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I dont relli think games are too violent. u see worse things IRL, like for example, the news. ppl outside beatin the crap out of each other, and if ure very unlucki, u have an mad uncle wit a riffle... >_>

speaking of guns, dick cheney shot that guy in the face lol, was all over the tv

pstigles
08-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Not that long ago this argument was in the papers and such because of a boy murdered because, in some peoples eyes, the game manhunt.

The majority of people i've spoken to about the issue agree with me that its all wrong and people are overreacting.

Someone really needs to be ****ed up in the head to be influenced by playing these games.

Yes, they are violent, but not too violent. And if they are very violent, then parents should prevent the kids from playing these games.

Gamoc
08-28-2007, 05:16 PM
That's what age ratings are for, but most parents don't bother with them.

Metallica1983
10-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Thats bull ur absolutly right im 16yrs old or soon to be in two weeks but ive been playing violent games since i was 6 and ive played every gta game out there except gta4. my parents tell me that its alright as long as i don't do those things in real life.

Sendermen
10-18-2007, 10:11 AM
For me, personally, violence and gore is not what I like to see any more. I'm very busy, so when I am finally able to relax I want funny and impressive movies and games. No gore, horror and thrillers.

I think, that although we know it's not real, it is in fact happening in our minds. I don't say we all start murdering immediately, but I'm sure something happens in our minds.

I sleep very well because I never have nightmares. :)

However, forbidding your kids to see these movies (depends on age of course) or play these games, will not necessarily be the right thing. Forbidden things are attractive somehow as well.

And a researcher on the radio once responded to the question why violent games exist: it's about conquering our biggest fears!

giga_girl
10-18-2007, 10:45 AM
I know there are parents and other adults out there that think fighting games are a little too violent for the kids. Do you agree with them?

well i know what they mean, i wouldnt want to expose my child to violence like the games, but come on lol, these are just games, if u raise them the right way, they will know now to go around fighting, Like me. I've been playing fighting games for as long as i remember and nothing happened to me lol.

But...in those days, the graphics were more child proof lol, these days, you see blood and slashing and cutting up lol. Really graphic too. I have a split opinion on this.

What is your position on this?

OPINION:

these are only a games, but have you noticed your child? violent games gives a big impact to them...
kids should be guided by their parent while they are playing
and as much as possible this should not be too violent..

MilkshakeNinja
10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
;) If parents don't want their kids to be exposed to fighting games

due to all the violence in them then maybe...

they should just not buy it for them lol.

xD common sense basically...

Juicebox
11-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Kids should know the difference between video games and real life.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA this kid takes fighting games to seriously

Scott
11-02-2007, 08:05 PM
That's what age ratings are for, but most parents don't bother with them.

When I was younger my mum didn't even look at the age

GF Eric
11-03-2007, 05:23 PM
The way I see it is that Games are not violent. It is just the way a person looks at it. To me a person being bunched in the face is not violent, its funny. But a parent would believe that that is violent. If you look at the world, that is as violent as a game would be, if not even worse. Now I can go on about this topic but I will wait until I get a response about this post.