PDA

View Full Version : Other Web Browsers

LiNuX
12-10-2006, 11:03 AM
There are many types of web browsers out there. The most common are Internet Explorer (IE), FireFox (FF), and Opera.

There are some known as Mozilla, there is a firefox version called Mozilla Firefox, but thats after fusion lol.

Another one called Netscape, i used to use it when i had netscape dialup lol

Another one WebTV Browser and OmniWeb and Safari and Camino and Konqueror and Avant. Not Too many people heard of these last six, but they exist.

I dont know about this one but someone told me LibWWW is a browser too.

Safari there is a Mac Computer Browser, the default one i believe.

There are tons more, i just didnt list them all lol. How many have you heard of? And how many others do you know?

Twigz
12-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I've heard of the first seven, and I have the first three installed on my computer (I don't know why, I just compare speeds of one to the other); for me Opera and Firefox are sort of tied in terms of speed for me (maybe 'cause I have DIAL-UP), but I've heard of this new browser from AOL called OpenRide, won't install on my computer, but I heard from some people it's not too bad...

LiNuX
12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
yea i've heard of that lol, i forgot two of the most used ones, AOL Browser and Netzero browser lol, i use neither, used aol years ago, when i was little

Twigz
12-10-2006, 06:03 PM
AOL Browser is sooooooooo crappy, always cuts me off, I can't even see my sig on AOL Browser...it sucks so much...works when it wants to, LOL.

csquare016
12-10-2006, 11:47 PM
I use to love IE but firefox is my new best friend:)

LiNuX
12-11-2006, 03:29 PM
u use the new FF2? or the older one, thor said ff2 is not safe lol, in some other topic, just look for it, i have both, only u se ie out of both lol

csquare016
12-11-2006, 04:05 PM
not sure, I ahvent updated lately so probably the older.