PDA

View Full Version : vB 3.7 Beta 5

LiNuX
02-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Less than a week ago, the vBulletin staff announced their latest Beta version of the newest vBulletin version of 3.7.0. It has been in beta for about two months now and I am getting IMPATIENT!!

I didn't have vBulletin and didn't care about vB when 3.6.0 came out so I don't know how many beta phases they went through. But it seems with this new 3.7.0 version, they have been fixing one error and 3 more were replacing this one.

vBulletin staff said that Beta version 5 would be the last beta phase vBulletin 3.7.0 will go through. Hopefully they are right and I don't see a Beta 6 because I will then go insane!

Hope it comes out soon! Just an update for you guy with what's vB is up to.

~LiNuX

Jaykub
02-19-2008, 10:01 PM
vbulletin is best but worth wait also

Ubernerd
02-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Eh. vBulletin is cool, but IPB is better IMO.

prateek/pwnage
02-20-2008, 03:09 AM
IPB isnt even close. vbulletin has way more options to control. Like this one is powered by vbulletin and ive seen IPB admin panel and they have got less options compared to vbulletin.

rukisuto
02-20-2008, 04:51 AM
Yeah, I remember reading your post in December about the Beta version.
Definitely taking way too long, lol.

Hopefully it's worth it.

Ubernerd
02-20-2008, 07:59 AM
I know it's more customizable and there's more control, but it's easier to get IPB free (big +) and I'm use to it. If there was a free vBulletin host, I'd go for it.

LiNuX
02-20-2008, 11:59 AM
I know it's more customizable and there's more control, but it's easier to get IPB free (big +) and I'm use to it. If there was a free vBulletin host, I'd go for it.

thats why there is no free vb host lol, its just too complicated to set up something free like that and vB staff aren't what you call flexible

vBulletin is multiple times more secure than IPB and like a 100x more than phpBB which is the most hacked forum software (phpBB2) and with the preinstalled features vB comes with, no other matches with it

there are others however that are based on java and asp which can match up to vBulletin with security but they are harder to manage and customize

Kiss
02-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Forums look better when hosted by vb.

Blackbird
02-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, but what is going to be new on the new version? :)

conman1000
02-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh, I would suspect lots of things.

LiNuX
02-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I have read about some people using this beta version of vB 3.7 and they have been posting that it is great success - all their mods are working - they haven't found any errors yet, and it was a piece of cake

i guess that's good sign that the vBulletin staff are doing their job to finally bring this beta version to its final version. Hopefully they can do it soon and hopefully all my mods will keep on working, can't afford to have any that doesn't work, it could be catastrophic.

wifi
02-26-2008, 11:38 AM
that sounds pretty good :-P hope they finish it up soon because i cant wait to try some of the features :-P