PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my new website

Ubernerd
02-20-2008, 07:44 PM
OK guys, I just started a new website and I'm really going big with it. I want to get it up and going ASAP. Right now, though, I have a crappy computer, and most programs are above it. So, I ask for your aid.

I would like somebody with Photoshop, the GIMP, or any other graphics program and some decent skill to make me a logo. It should say 'Scripts For You' in big, techno looking letters. Maybe even add some things to make it look techy. It should be around 120 pixels high and 360 pixels long.

Next, anyone with knowledge of website scripting, I would very much appreciate some helpful scripts. Since my site is a script resource for webmasters, anything that might take a bit of effort would be appreciated. It can be in any language -- HTML, JavaScript, CSS, PHP, even Actionscript if you know your way around Flash. I'm too busy trying to figure out how I want the site to look and getting the layout done to simultaneously fill it with content. If you want, you can add as a comment in the scripting 'script done by blah blah blah' but if you do, make sure to also include it is used with permission at scriptsforyou(dot)org. I don't have enough time to make a really nice layout AND fill the site with content, although I've uploaded a few scripts.

Anyone who is a great pal and willing to help out, my AIM is BurlyIris, I'll be on most of tonight and I'll try and get on tomorrow. Or, my email is tnhhelp(at)hotmail(dot)com.

I have no idea how I can repay anyone who helps me, but I'll figure something out. Maybe free advertising if you have a website on mine or something.

I think I covered all of it...I don't usually write so much at once, so sorry if I screwed up somewhere.

Strickin
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
What is the subject of your new site?

Kiss
02-20-2008, 07:50 PM
I've already told you about my computer problem but dads "Going To" put our photoshop on his computer. Might be 2009 before he does though.

LiNuX
02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
for the logo i'll recommend that you make another thread in the gfx section requesting it

as for the scripts - i can help you out with some pretty cool ones IF you dedicate them to Gamers Forum - something like "provided by Gamers Forum" or something

you'll have to wait for the scripts though, they are on my old computer which is now my sister's computer - i need to buy a long ethernet cable to get to her room so I can transfer all my old files out the easy way

most of mine are php based scripts :D i didn't make any of them, i just have master resell rights to some of them and others i can't share at all lol

good luck

Ubernerd
02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
@Strickin: It's a host of webmaster scripts.

@Freebee: I know, but that's why I added I wanted the site up 'ASAP':D

@LiNuX: Thanks ^^

Kiss
02-20-2008, 08:00 PM
I'll see if i can make somethin (amazing) with paint.net.

Edit its done.
http://i28.tinypic.com/veojuv.png