PDA

View Full Version : I think we should have an RPG Story Forum...

Nerdy Knight
02-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Some of you may not know what I'm talking about, so I'll explain. On several of the forums I have been to, they have had an RPG Story Forum. It's kinda like a story that everyone creates. First, a user creates the story and basis for character creations, people post their characters, and then they go along with the story and everyone can add on to it as they keep going, as much or as little as they want. Get what I'm saying?

Strickin
02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
I like the idea :), I hope Linux does too!

KingHellFire
02-21-2008, 08:12 PM
My forum that I made has RPF's which is just like that but I named it RPF (Role Playing Forum) because it made sense. It's and RPG but on a forum, and is text based. Yeah I have created several my self and a couple of users made some of their own. It's really fun, great way to use your imagination.

Nerdy Knight
02-21-2008, 08:17 PM
My forum that I made has RPF's which is just like that but I named it RPF (Role Playing Forum) because it made sense. It's and RPG but on a forum, and is text based. Yeah I have created several my self and a couple of users made some of their own. It's really fun, great way to use your imagination.

Man...this sure brings back the times from 3 years ago on my old forum. I just wish those advertisement a**holes wouldn't have bought them out. I made so many friends there, and I never even got to say "So long..." But yeah, there I made an uncompleted RPG called Magi-Worlds. It ran almost 35 pages and was still going, but about a month before the site went down the story kinda slooped and nobody felt it was as fun as it used to be. I wish I could bring that back here, but I don't think it would be as nearly as fun...:-(

Strickin
02-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Man...this sure brings back the times from 3 years ago on my old forum. I just wish those advertisement a**holes wouldn't have bought them out. I made so many friends there, and I never even got to say "So long..." But yeah, there I made an uncompleted RPG called Magi-Worlds. It ran almost 35 pages and was still going, but about a month before the site went down the story kinda slooped and nobody felt it was as fun as it used to be. I wish I could bring that back here, but I don't think it would be as nearly as fun...:-(

We could always make a new subject for the story, and I'm sure people would try it out and become active in it. If Linux makes a RPG story forum lol.

KingHellFire
02-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah my best ones have only reached like pages 10-12 but I made my forum hold a good amount of posts, and also several members have left my site due to school, or there was a huge fight on it and some people left because of that. My site has had a little inactivity if you aren't considering personal friends and a few dedicated people. And that is why I want more people to join my site but I can't advertise here yet... even though I have more than 10 posts lol.

rukisuto
02-22-2008, 04:21 AM
For now you could just start an RPG topic for your story in General Gaming or something.
It could always get moved if an RPG forum opens up :]

Nerdy Knight
02-22-2008, 05:53 AM
For now you could just start an RPG topic for your story in General Gaming or something.
It could always get moved if an RPG forum opens up :]

That's not a bad idea! I'll probably get on that later today. Man I hate school!

jakncoke
02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
We don't need anymore forums. If anything we need less.

Jaykub
02-22-2008, 06:39 PM
I dunno we kinda have that but like I always say its up to LiNuX

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm currently working on a new RPF for my site and hey, if we ever get the forum here I might consider making it here too. Not just exclusive to my forum.

LemonRising
02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Oh man, roleplay.. I used to RP a lot XD;;
I think it'd be neat, never have anything too large though, just get a basic story line and a few roleplayers and let it flow from there.

We should have a badass vampire RP going, harhar

I used to make forums specifically for RP, or whole websites, man it brings me back.

Nerdy Knight
02-23-2008, 03:03 PM
I started one in the General Gaming Forum, and hopefully we'll get enough people behind the idea that LiNuX will make an RP Forum so that others can create stories too. Follow this link to read up on it, and please consider joining the story. At the very least, support us on the poll in this topic. Thanks.

Project S.W.O.R.D. (Role-Playing-Forum Idea) - Gamers Forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5293)