PDA

View Full Version : Dell XPS

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm saving up for a dell xps, but getting cash is really slow. I might get a job this summer, dad says he'll pay for half of it.

If there's any reason why I shouldn't get this laptop someone tell me lol, so far I think it looks really coo.

Mine's gonna be black.

LiNuX
02-22-2008, 07:04 PM
dell is bad

they are cheap yes but i don't like them at all - if you want a good laptop - Lenovo is good - its from IBM

HP also makes some great Laptops along with Sony VAIO

never really liked dell lol, i've used plenty but i've never owned one

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 07:08 PM
I am a huge fan of dell, and they aren't really cheap. They are about mid to expensive, at least I noticed that for the laptops. HP's are the cheapest, and of course Macbooks are really expensive.

I maaaaay just go for a vaio, but I really like dell.

wifi
02-22-2008, 07:39 PM
dont know why but i hear a lot of bad things about dell computers lol, even a few of my friends dont like them because of bad exp and stuff, but i know HP is good so maybe you can go with that, Vaios are really expensive

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 10:40 PM
yep, vaios are up there with price, and HP's are more of a simple brand, but IDK much in this field. All I know is that the XPS looks really cool.

I might look into Vaios tho.

LiNuX
02-22-2008, 11:00 PM
dont let looks fool you into buying something lol, never really turns out good on the inside

you can get an HP one if you want, they are cheap and VERY reliable, i used HP PCs for like 12 years of my life lol, macs were in there somewhere.

but do you have a link to the xps you were getting?

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 11:22 PM
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/xpsnb_m1330?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I think thats the right link. I want the black one, its the thinnest one from dell, and has adobe preinstalled, finger print security, and built in webcam and mic, and all that stuff.

LiNuX
02-22-2008, 11:26 PM
looks decent, still doesnt change how i feel lol

all their specs are stated to go "up to" a certain value - like the ram "up to 4gb" lol

wonder what the price will be for your customized laptop.

but you can really do what you want - i am only giving my opinion and suggestion based on past experiences with them

KingHellFire
02-22-2008, 11:29 PM
yeah, you can get it with nothing and it's still expensive. I would like to customize mine but I need some cash.

LiNuX
02-22-2008, 11:37 PM
why do you want a laptop? why not just get a desktop? its much cheaper to customize and stuff

KingHellFire
02-23-2008, 12:06 AM
because I already have a desktop, I want a laptop so I can go places and watch over my website whenever needed.

LiNuX
02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
because I already have a desktop, I want a laptop so I can go places and watch over my website whenever needed.

well u need wireless for that then lol

but i understand

good luck with this though, let us know which one you choose :yes:

giorge60
01-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I have a Dell XPS M1330 in dark blue. My mistake I will never buy another Dell.
I have software problems since the day I got. Dell said they can fix it, but software problems are not coverd by warranty and it will cost $$$. Never had problems with my HP until ac jack broke.

Dell is 6 months old already had touch pad replaced twice and finger print reader once.

DON'T BUY DELL!

suesam21
01-21-2010, 05:24 AM
Well that is quite different experience you have got. Many people are having their XPS fine. But with dell anything is possible they even screwed up alienware.