PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 9600GT Is Out

LiNuX
02-23-2008, 12:06 PM
On February 21st, the newest and best GPU Came out. This is the best graphics card out so far and it looks hot. I have the previous version of this card and that one is great too but nothing that matches up to this.

The GeForce 9600GT came out On Thursday February 21st after getting delayed for a week due to complications. Otherwise it would have come out on Thurs February 14th, also known as Valentines day.

The Price is the same throughout if you live in the United States. It goes for $179 at most places and you may be able to find it for $159 and $169 if you are lucky. If you are in Europe, it may be a bit more expensive for you.

I want to get this card so bad but it is still expensive for me and I just blew off a lot of money building my new PC. I had an idea of what the starting price would be for this New Card So I went ahead and bought the GeForce 8600 GT Which cost me about $70 less.

Here are some pictures:

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/14-150-277-03.jpg

http://www.overclockers.ru/images/news/2008/02/14/9600gt_02.jpg

rukisuto
02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Oooo :]
A new graphics card would hit the spot, lol.
Last time I updated was a couple years ago.

LiNuX
02-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Oooo :]
A new graphics card would hit the spot, lol.
Last time I updated was a couple years ago.

if your motherboard is a couple years old, i wouldn't recommend you upgrade to this unless your Motherboard and monitor will work with it

you need a good monitor to get the full effects of the GPU, otherwise there is no sense in upgrading lol - thats why i had to buy a new monitor for my new pc otherwise my old one was 12 years old and still working :D

also its interface is PCI Express 2.0 x16 - if you don't have a slot for that, then there really is no point in upgrading lol

rukisuto
02-23-2008, 12:31 PM
if your motherboard is a couple years old, i wouldn't recommend you upgrade to this unless your Motherboard and monitor will work with it

you need a good monitor to get the full effects of the GPU, otherwise there is no sense in upgrading lol - thats why i had to buy a new monitor for my new pc otherwise my old one was 12 years old and still working :D

also its interface is PCI Express 2.0 x16 - if you don't have a slot for that, then there really is no point in upgrading lol

I got a new monitor for it last year for christmas.
Just my luck, lol. :]

LiNuX
02-23-2008, 12:35 PM
I got a new monitor for it last year for christmas.
Just my luck, lol. :]

thats good then, but you still have to make sure your motherboard and other hardware can take it

if you ever do plan to buy this or any other card just send me your motherboard or pc model and i could help a bit :-)

Dflat Major
02-23-2008, 01:58 PM

I've got PCI
Whats PCI Express 2.0 x16 ?

LiNuX
02-23-2008, 02:22 PM
I've got PCI
Whats PCI Express 2.0 x16 ?

its slightly bigger than your regular PCI slot - so if you have just, PCI, it will not work

you have to be sure that your PSU can take this new gfx card as well because if it can't it won't work properly, some motherboards have an extra slot for extra power for the GPU, mine has it, but some of the 9600GT Models come with a slot in the card itself

wifi
02-26-2008, 11:44 AM
oh that looks like a hot graphics card, i don\'t suppose it will work on my laptop?. lol :-P

|Cl3aN|
02-28-2008, 09:55 PM
sry bud not laptop compatible lol...:-(

also theres a very high AMP rating needed on your power supply so check that before you get this monster lol

although ive heard this card is VERY good especially for the price...if your going to come into money anytime soon lol id say wait for the 9800:-):radar:

LiNuX
02-28-2008, 10:11 PM
lol - sorry wifi i didn't see your response until it was bumped up - but its not compatible with laptops

are they making a 9800? or doing it like the other company and go like x100 or something

Jjjet1
02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
if i didn't have an 8800 gts 640mb i'd probably get it but i like my graphics i like now i got it for $380 and since they price is lowering i might go by another one so i can put it in sli mode.

|Cl3aN|
02-29-2008, 03:29 PM
me and jjjet1 are in the same boat, i have an 880gts640 and i bet if i just slied them id be able to get close to the 1 teraflop of info the 9800 is gona put out.

and pci-e 2.0 doubles the bus rate of standard pci-e from 8g to 16g .......mostly for newer games such as crysis and that.....

you know for a halfassed respectable framerate lol