PDA

View Full Version : computer help

TheKing
12-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Lately my comp has been acting strangly... I think i have this spyware program on my comp that is annoying the heck outta me. Okay it changes the setting of my desktop into a blue screen. Then when i start my computer, it takes extra time normaly then it usually does because i think all the spyware programs are trying to run at the start.... Does anybody know how to fix this..... My mcafee just recently expired so man im domed. help me!!!

LiNuX
12-14-2006, 05:00 PM
well if it goes to a blue screen it means that ur computer is going into safe mode, which isnt that great, thats why it takes longer to start up later on, i doubt its because ur mcafee just expired. maybe ur memory is getting overwhelmed and ur cpu cant take too much of it, thats what happened to my old pc before my memory burned out and i coudlnt even turn on my computer. u should check ur computers memory status, press ctrl+alt+del and on bottom where it says cpu usage, just look at what it says, if its constantly over 90%, its bad, my old computer used up constantly over 95% i didnt realize until it was too late, although this may not be the problem

EvilDude
12-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Get these through google:

a squared or a2

Antivir

Both free and very handy

microp
01-26-2010, 01:08 PM
well try to get a good antivirus like kaspersky
a bit expensive but it's the number one

Aizen
02-17-2010, 09:56 AM
Follow these steps :

Go to Start -> Run -> type in "msconfig" without the quotes.

Then go to the tab at the top of the menu that comes up and choose "Startup"

From here, find the items that you do not want to have start up with your computer and click the check box next to them. (So the check gets turned off!)

This will increase your startup speed.

Next, I recommend getting a few programs. Some are free, and some are not. Here is the list :

1. Spybot Search & Destroy (Free) [BE SURE TO GET THIS! IT REALLY IS GREAT!]
2. Malwarebytes
3. OnlineArmor
OR
4. NOD32

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY!

Then I recommend not getting an Anti-Virus. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but the free ones tend to just screw up your system. Its better to have a normal running system that you take care of, rather then one that doesn't work.

LiNuX
02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
this thread is more than 3 years old

</thread>