PDA

View Full Version : DX10 Problem!

powder21
02-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Hi. I downloaded and installed the new DirectX10 from Microsoft, only to find out in another forum (after it wouldn't work) that it is Vista only (stupid MS). Now I need to know if there is an uninstaller for it or someway of undoing the install seeing as how MS didn't bother to put a "Vista Only" stamp OR add some sort of Vista "checking" mechanism to the installer. So now I have a bunch of useless files and probably a crap-load of useless registry entries.

Please help. Thanks.

-Ryan

Ubernerd
02-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Have you tried opening your start menu, then going to 'My Computer', and then going to 'Add Or Remove Programs'? You could also get a registry cleaner, and it should catch the broken files.

Jaykub
02-24-2008, 10:12 AM
When you open it it should say uninstall But ya do know Vista is dumb :D

LiNuX
02-24-2008, 10:46 AM
one of the easiest way to undo it is to restore your pc

if you installed yesterday just go to start >> all programs >> accessories >> system tools >> system restore

and just select a point few days ago, it'll uninstall all programs in the past few days and it should be fine

powder21
02-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Thnx for the tips. And yes, I did check the add or remove panel, but there's nothing there for DX10 and unfortunately I've done quite a few driver updates since the install, so I'd rather not do a restore if I can avoid it. I'll try a registry cleaner.

Does anybody here think that the install will cause any conflicts in the future if I just leave it alone?

LiNuX
02-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Thnx for the tips. And yes, I did check the add or remove panel, but there's nothing there for DX10 and unfortunately I've done quite a few driver updates since the install, so I'd rather not do a restore if I can avoid it. I'll try a registry cleaner.

Does anybody here think that the install will cause any conflicts in the future if I just leave it alone?

well first, you can't uninstall DX10 - the only thing to do is to go back in time and that's what a system restore does - you can update your drivers after the restore - but if you don't want to go through the trouble, it is your decision

and as for the DX10 causing future problems, it really depends on the stuff that you do, but it is inevitable that problems will come because it is not fully compatible with your system

good luck