PDA

View Full Version : RPC Server

Eric
02-24-2008, 07:12 PM
I dunno what happened, but one time I logged in everything was wrong. Something with the RPC Server? I can't use any messengers, can't auto update my time/date because of it etc. Anybody have this problem before?

Thanks,

Slacker

LiNuX
02-24-2008, 07:31 PM
never had the problem but if it started recently, restore your PC to an earlier point - something probably got installed improperly or installed when it shouldn't have been

did a search and this is what i came up with

go to control panel >> administrative tools >> click services >> then go down to Remote Procedure Call and make sure its started, if its not just double click and start

Eric
02-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Yeah thats the first thing I did, was do a restore, with nothing. Tried what you said, and it's on. Thanks for the help, I will just keep looking into it :P

LiNuX
02-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah thats the first thing I did, was do a restore, with nothing. Tried what you said, and it's on. Thanks for the help, I will just keep looking into it :P

no problem, just let us know if it did work - if it didn't i'll see what else i can find

Eric
02-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Well can't find a fix myself. It's not a big problem, just a little annoying as I have to use messenger from my fone or via webmessenger..

LiNuX
02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
hm...

i'll see if i can find anything else on this which i highly doubt, found the same type of response in many other places

Eric
02-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, many recommend reinstalling xp, which I dont have the disk.. I dunno its not a huge problem and im gunna build a new comp in the future, so this little problem isn't a big deal

LiNuX
02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Yeah, many recommend reinstalling xp, which I dont have the disk.. I dunno its not a huge problem and im gunna build a new comp in the future, so this little problem isn't a big deal

cool :D i built my pc last friday

and about the xp cd, see if you know someone that has it or something but it'll be a big waste of time because everything is reset and undone - unless you have a lot of programs installed like it, it shouldn't be much of a problem

good luck with it