PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Blue (Game boy Color)

Strickin
02-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Pokemon: Blue

Pokemon Blue came out around 1998, and started a whole revolution for Pokemon gamers all over the United States. Pokemon is still played even today, and there have been so many different Pokemon games out that I find it hard just to count them all! Even though there are all of those new games out the Nintendo DS, Wii, and other systems Pokemon Blue, Red, and Yellow are the ones that started the whole Pokemon generation. My favorite was Pokemon Blue, which is what I will be reviewing today.

http://patpend.net/manuals/box/gb/pokemon_(blue).jpg

~~Campaign~~

Let me start out by saying, that Pokemon's campaign was such a new type of thing, that it blew my tiny mind when I first picked up a Game boy Color and popped in the Pokemon Blue game cartridge, and started a new game. Pokemon's campaign is something that will get you into it as soon as you begin your first mission, and it will have to playing it over and over so many times that you will know every single thing, just out of pure curiosity and the fact that the whole thing is just enthralling. The missions that the trainers will have you go through are so much fun, they never get boring. When you go through the game, you are on a personal mission to collect every Pokemon Master's badge, which means that you need to battle each trainer with your Pokemon that you trained, and leveled. Another great aspect of Pokemon is the Pokemon themselves. There are literally hundreds of different types of Pokemon for you to just go crazy on and catch using your Pokeballs, and after catching and leveling up your Pokemon, some will even evolve into new Pokemon that are stronger and have new kick-ass moves.

I give Pokemon Blue's Campaign a 9/10

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Pokemon_Blue_Version_GBC_ScreenShot3.gif

~~Graphics~~

Pokemon Blue's graphics might not seem to great now, but back in the year 1998, they were so awesome it was unbelievable how great they were! Pokemon's little pixilated screen was actually pretty advanced for that time period, and it still seems beautiful, even to this day. The Pokemon are also pretty detailed, for those times of course. Each Pokemon is different, even the evolutions of the Pokemon seem like cool looking new creatures, with the same hint of the former evolution of it. So even though Pokemon's graphics might seem crappy today, back in the 1998's they were top of the line for Game Boy Color, and were very very cool looking.

I would give Pokemon Blue's graphics a 10/10 in the 1998's
Today, I would give Pokemon Blue's graphics a 3/10

~~Over-all~~

Over-all, Pokemon Blue was one of the greatest games of that time period, and is still being enjoyed by everyone even today! If you haven't already played, or own Pokemon now, then go buy it now! You need to try this awesome series of games, even if it isn't Pokemon Blue.

I give Pokemon Blue a 10/10 Over-all back in 1998
and I give Pokemon Blue a 8/10 Now

LiNuX
02-24-2008, 08:28 PM
oh mean Pokemon Blue was the first Pokemon Game I EVER Played, brought back some memories, especially with that screenshot of Prof. Oak telling ask its dangerous out there lol

good review :D

Jaykub
02-24-2008, 09:04 PM
I have yellow beat it like 4 times its great 9/10

Strickin
02-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Yellow is a very fun version too, because you start with Pikachu :D

Jaykub
02-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Yellow is a very fun version too, because you start with Pikachu :D

Ya I got him to like 200 Lvl's And other over 150 one was 500 perfict

LiNuX
02-24-2008, 09:37 PM
I have yellow beat it like 4 times its great 9/10

then review the game rather than putting up a rating

Ya I got him to like 200 Lvl's And other over 150 one was 500 perfict

you got him up to level 200? :laugh: and 500 ?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jaykub
02-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I said I got Pik to 200 all other to 150 and one to 500. some purple dino thing lol.

Now I have to play it thank you and linux why review it its like the same thing

Nerdy Knight
02-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Ah...The good ol' days of Pokemon...when there weren't over 500 pokemon, and you didn't have to memorize them all to be cool...good times...Nice review BTW.

Josh1995
02-25-2008, 08:47 AM
I remember getting that game it was pretty fun back then.

Blackbird
02-25-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm remember those game and still many bugs what on it on the old version. :)

wifi
02-25-2008, 08:31 PM
I give Pokemon Blue a 10/10 Over-all back in 1998
and I give Pokemon Blue a 8/10 Now

haha that made me laugh but its clever, thats a great review dude, keep it up :D :-P

Strickin
02-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks, I love comments for my review lol. I tried especially hard on this review because this game just can't be disgraced haha

EpsilonX
07-27-2008, 11:53 PM
What a generous review. I'd give those games a 5/10 nowadays because they're horrendously unbalanced, unpolished, and dated. The only reason it would get any higher than that is simply for nostalgia value.

Now if they took everything they changed in gold and silver and applied it to the first game, it'd be an easy 8/10

rukisuto
07-28-2008, 10:05 AM
I still pull these games out of my closet to play them.
Never can get enough :]

Scott
07-30-2008, 05:21 AM
Good review. I still remember that game, That was the only reason why I had a Gameboy.

Casius
07-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah... First Pokemon game i played... But Ruby and Sapfire where my over all favorite alonge with silver...

But i grew out off pokemon and more into UT Doom3 CS/Css...

I have Cod Reweiw Some where on the web Ill post that if any one is interrested