PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars passes 5 million sales

jakncoke
02-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Guild Wars Tops Five Million Units Sold

Guild Wars franchise breaks major milestone in less than three years.

Bellevue, WA. February 26, 2008—NCsoft® and ArenaNet® have announced that the Guild Wars® franchise of online roleplaying games has surpassed five million units sold in North America, Europe, and Asia.

Published by NCsoft and developed by ArenaNet, the Guild Wars franchise consists of the original Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions®, Guild Wars Nightfall®, and the recently released expansion, Guild Wars: Eye of the NorthTM. The Guild Wars games have been commercial and critical successes since the release of the original campaign in April of 2005. Its award-winning content and innovative subscription-free business model have created a large and loyal following that is highly anticipating Guild Wars 2TM.

"Guild Wars is a proven success and has set a new standard for online RPG games with its unique business model and superior playability," said NCsoft CEO Taek Jin Kim. "ArenaNet is dedicated to creating games that expand the market and provide great new content to our loyal player base. This success has built a great foundation from which the next generation of Guild Wars games will grow."

With the development of Guild Wars 2 underway, ArenaNet will continue to provide dedicated support to current Guild Wars games and its millions of customers.

"Reaching the five million mark is extremely gratifying for us at ArenaNet because it shows the hard work and dedication we put into our games has resonated with the fans," said Mike O'Brien, co-founder of ArenaNet. "We are committed to supporting all of our Guild Wars players, and at the same time, we're extremely excited to work on the game's evolution. Certainly the future of Guild Wars is as bright as its past and present."

Good news for the devs/publisher

wifi
02-26-2008, 12:31 PM
wow i heard guildwars was good and popular but 5 million is great :D good news for them

Strickin
02-26-2008, 01:05 PM
World of Warcraft is still better though, but Guild Wars might be better if they had a monthly fee, and they could fund better things

LiNuX
02-26-2008, 02:31 PM
thats awesome news for them - i have the game (well had in my old pc) but no account lol

congratz to guild wars for making it this far

World of Warcraft is still better though, but Guild Wars might be better if they had a monthly fee, and they could fund better things

money makes everything better, guild wars is still good if you read reviews around the web - very good considering its only a 1 time pay game

Strickin
02-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes, I'll give it that. BTW I've played both games, and had friends who play both games, so I am in no form biased at all.

LiNuX
02-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Yes, I'll give it that. BTW I've played both games, and had friends who play both games, so I am in no form biased at all.

yeah don't worry about it, i have only played guild wars a little bit on a friends account - never played WoW so i can't really put much biasness into this

maybe if i can get better net and some money for another physical server - i can set up both a WoW and guild wars private server lol - i'll need a whole separate machine for those - no way my current server can handle these now