PDA

View Full Version : How to Connect to GF TeamSpeak Server

LiNuX
02-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Many people don't know how to really connect to the teamSpeak servers and thats why they go past the threads opened here without wanting to check. But if you have never tried out teamspeak, don't know what it's like and would like to test out Teamspeak on the Gamers Forum servers, this is a great tutorial for you. So keep reading and with a good connection, it will take just a few minutes.

Turn on your Computer!

Go to Gamers-Forum.com.

Find this Thread.

Then comes the serious part. Go to GotTeamSpeak.com download page or click the following link: TeamSpeak Download (http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads)

Pick the First one there that says TeamSpeak 2 Client. NOT the updated executable. And click download.

On the next page, agree to the terms and download the Teamspeak 2 client, save it somewhere, and download is complete.

Find the file you just download usually named TS2_Client or ts2_client_rc2_2032 (latest version as of this post) and double click.

Follow instructions and install. Easy!

Run TeamSpeak by clicking the TeamSpeak icon where ever you saved it, whether its on Desktop, Quick Links, or Start Menu.

You should have a TeamSpeak 2 Window open now. We are in business. Now is the easy part.

On the "connection" menu, click "Quick Connect"

Under Server Address, put the following IP Address in as it is: 24.239.178.186:8767 or gf.gamers-forum.org or ts.gamers-forum.org

Under Nickname, put in your desired nickname, it can be changed later.

Leave Login name and Password BLANK Otherwise you will get an error. This is more advanced and requires access to the whole server.

Click Connect. And you should be in the Gamers Forum Lounge.

You can go into other channels by double clicking them. If they are password protected, you need the password. You can also create your own by right clicking on the screen and clicking Create.

Hope this little tutorial was good enough for you to join the gamers forum teamspeak servers!

Admin spots will be given out later, stay tuned for news on that.

~LiNuX

El3mentGamer
07-29-2009, 04:38 PM
ok i connected. :\ although jasper wont let me in xD

LiNuX
07-29-2009, 04:42 PM
ok i connected. :\ although jasper wont let me in xD

then it's his private room - you're free to create your own and stay in there and not let anyone else in - I have no problem with that

El3mentGamer
07-29-2009, 05:48 PM
i was jk :) but still i saw u on why didnt u talk? i need to check if the voice thing works

LiNuX
07-29-2009, 07:58 PM
i was jk :) but still i saw u on why didnt u talk? i need to check if the voice thing works

there is a way to test it, go to settings followed by Input/output settings and click the "enable local test mode" button and hear yourself speak

and I'm sorry I didn't speak - I just didn't have my headset on and I went on to test something on my server - didn't pay attention to who was on or anything.

LemonRising
07-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Man I should get teamspeak.

I already got vent and skype.
TOO MANY MICROPHONE NEEDED THINGS.

my mic sounds like satan.
For serious.

RaiDae
07-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I think i might download it - but first i need to find out if my laptop has a built in speaker or not. I think it does, but i'll be screwed if i can find proof of it's existence.

BobTD
03-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I cant find anything other then TS3 on their download page. =/

Oh wait, I found it archived. they really hid that link well.

LiNuX
03-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I plan on getting TS3 up this week if I have the time for it. So eventually, people wouldn't have to dig through their site for the ts2 download.