PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike 1.6 v1.0

LiNuX
02-28-2008, 07:20 PM
The final version of the Counter-Strike 1.6 server is finally up. It has been down for the public for a little while but came up now and then for private use and testing. Sorry to keep some of you waiting for a while but I had to make it perfect.

The IP to connect is 64.131.158.74:27015

You need Steam along with the Counter-Strike 1.6 game to play. If you are unfamiliar with either, please visit SteamPowered.com (http://www.steampowered.com) for more details on both. Game costs $10. And due to lack of funding, you cannot buy the game for GFP here, sorry. Hopefully that will come back real soon :-)

This server comes complete with over a dozen maps including some Favorites.

Some Map Examples:

Fy_iceworld
Fy_Simpsons_house
De_dust
De_dust2
De_aztec
De_cbble
Cs_Assault
Cs_office
Cs_Italy

There are a few more maps but I don't remember from the top of my head. The listings of all the maps will come later on when more have been added.

It took me nearly 6 hours this morning and afternoon to get this server up. There were a few people in there today without invitation but it was good because they kind of helped me test the whole hardware and software.

The Server also comes with full AMX Mod X installed with all the great admin commands. Admin positions will be given out later as well to those that deserve and it and show interest in the server and forum.

Information on the server will come later as well. As the software is upgraded and updated the v1.0 will eventually get bigger.

Enjoy the CS 1.6 Server - I am finalizing the CSS Server and hopefully It'll be up by tonight.

~LiNuX

Blackbird
02-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Thank you Linux should I give you my steamid to get admin access to your server. Ah well my ping is over 100 on your server but there is really empty there.

LiNuX
02-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Thank you Linux should I give you my steamid to get admin access to your server. Ah well my ping is over 100 on your server but there is really empty there.

no admins will be given out yet - not that easily any way - im still not done fully setting up the admin systems here because right now i can only give out master admin status and i won't do give that to anyone because they'll have full server access - so i'll have to configure that first

same with the css server

and it may be empty now and that's because not much promotion has been done :) if we can get to advertising it or even get together and play it will be good

by the way blackbird - where do you live? just confirm it for me, i probably already know - and what was the ping that you got constantly - was it low 100s or high 100s?

|Cl3aN|
02-29-2008, 03:37 PM
if you need help i have experience on both bud....

ive set up servers on my machine with amxx admin mods and such...

but i only have 1 pc so i cant keep it goin all day, so i myswell put the effort into yours:)

LiNuX
02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
if you need help i have experience on both bud....

ive set up servers on my machine with amxx admin mods and such...

but i only have 1 pc so i cant keep it goin all day, so i myswell put the effort into yours:)

thanks for the offer but its not the first time im doing this lol - im bound to run into errors at one point or another

i fixed the issue last nite - it wasn't loading the server.cfg file because i put serverS.cfg so yeah..

but i'll be testing the thing out to make sure it goes well - and i have to make myself familiar with the admin flags cuz i only know what some of them mean

|Cl3aN|
02-29-2008, 05:31 PM
lol trial and error is a biatch:eek1:....but its wat works in the end man....

LiNuX
02-29-2008, 05:55 PM
lol trial and error is a biatch:eek1:....but its wat works in the end man....

yup - the servers were running a few months back - i could have just ran those but i made a mistake last time by opening up all the servers on Linux as the Root user which is not a good idea lol

the teamspeak servers crashed from time to time because it was on root - then i moved less than 2 months ago and then decided to make another user on linux and set up everything there - had to redownload and set up everything

copying and pasting things from Root to a regular user is never good - the permissions change will take you longer than actually reinstalling the whole thing lol

just happy it works - played on this server a few hours ago with like 2 other people - i kept killing them then they left after 10 mins lol - they wouldn't talk either

|Cl3aN|
02-29-2008, 07:25 PM
im not the biggest 1.6 fan......

i liek source and im addicted to all fps basically haha....

Blackbird
03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
My ping going higher and I'm live in Sweden XD

LiNuX
03-05-2008, 12:00 PM
My ping going higher and I'm live in Sweden XD

can u give me like a number of your ping, like if its at 150 or 200 or around there

its just so i know how the ping is around the globe and stuff

people in the UK have a ping of 80 and above on my server which is excellent considering they are over 3000 miles away

diablo
03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
linux if u want i can ping the ip for you if you have like a port open or something, im in ny so i dont think it'll be too bad, i dont have the game to check in game

LiNuX
03-05-2008, 02:58 PM
linux if u want i can ping the ip for you if you have like a port open or something, im in ny so i dont think it'll be too bad, i dont have the game to check in game

thanks for the offer but its alright, i'll have to open all ports for that i believe and its not that safe to do so imo lol

and if you live in NY, your ping will vary from 5-30 and if your connection is bad it can go up to 80 or 100 lol

Blackbird
03-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm have check my ping again it's go the same like the UK

can u give me like a number of your ping, like if its at 150 or 200 or around there

its just so i know how the ping is around the globe and stuff

people in the UK have a ping of 80 and above on my server which is excellent considering they are over 3000 miles away