PDA

View Full Version : MySpace Dangers

LiNuX
12-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Remember that MySpace can be friendly as well as very dangerous. If you give too much information you can be tracked down and/or stalked. Don't trust anyone too much on MySpace unless you actually know the person for a while now in person. There are predators everywhere and MySpace has tons of them. Don't bring fights on myspace outside of myspace. I have done a case recently where this guy was fired from his job because he posted a pic of him getting arrested on myspace.

MySpace can be friendly and a great place to let loose, but not too loose because it can put you in danger.

Some Safety Tips Brought to you by Gamers Forum.

greent
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
lol, linux ur funny.. :P noi jsut the part brought to u by gamer-forum.com lol.. :P yeah it is dangerous i dont go much i met this girl on a game but now we're friends i no her phone # and everythign else..lol. she never even saw me she should'nt of gave me all this info bcuz somtimes if i was a predator shes goign down but i'm not.. thats y all of us should b more carful. ;)

aosmallan
12-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Remember that MySpace can be friendly as well as very dangerous. If you give too much information you can be tracked down and/or stalked. Don't trust anyone too much on MySpace unless you actually know the person for a while now in person. There are predators everywhere and MySpace has tons of them. Don't bring fights on myspace outside of myspace. I have done a case recently where this guy was fired from his job because he posted a pic of him getting arrested on myspace.

MySpace can be friendly and a great place to let loose, but not too loose because it can put you in danger.

Some Safety Tips Brought to you by Gamers Forum.

What Linux is so eloquently trying to say here is:

Pretend like you have 2 cents worth of common sense. Don't be a f#$*ing dumbass.

-- A Jeanjacket paraphrasing production --

LiNuX
12-31-2006, 08:28 AM
What Linux is so eloquently trying to say here is:

Pretend like you have 2 cents worth of common sense. Don't be a f#$*ing dumbass.

-- A Jeanjacket paraphrasing production --

u always put it in simple words lol, good job :)

another tip: dont threaten the president or make post pictures of knives through his body lol, like that little girl, ur gonna get picked up from school by secrect service

Twigz
12-31-2006, 09:02 AM
I saw a sketch like that on MADtv yesterday; they made a fake version of "Sesame Street" and they were singing about pedophiles and how you should be careful of who you meet on the Internet...imagine that, MADtv giving sound advice on a topic as serious as such...

TheKing
01-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Linux i agree with you 100% and thats you should your profile to private . Now they have setting where you can allow users who are under 18 can only view your profile and he oppsite only 18+ can view your profile. However i feel that that under 18 rule is nonsence because anybody can just change and lie about there age with just a few clicks so yeah i suggest you only chat with users you personaly know yourself

souljaa
01-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah. I hate myspace...I find it stupid...But then again...the other 10 000 people don't I guess. :P.

LiNuX
01-01-2007, 12:29 PM
lol not 10,000 people, try 130,000,000 lol, a lotta people have double, triple, quadruple, etc, accounts lol

souljaa
01-01-2007, 01:05 PM
lol not 10,000 people, try 130,000,000 lol, a lotta people have double, triple, quadruple, etc, accounts lol

Holy crap...You serious! Whoa..Dayumm...130 000 000..wow.

crazay
01-12-2007, 01:29 PM
lol haha, those are funny, but true too, dont give out too much info, i dont even have a myspace, but iknow so many people that does have it

suly
07-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah, that's the thing about myspace, any stranger can contact you and see your page with or without your consent. The good thing about facebook is you can monitor who you want to add. Either way, it's unsafe for unsuspecting kids who may not know any better. :wub:

LiNuX
07-27-2007, 07:54 PM
facebook is kinda turning into that without making the site load in 300 seconds lol, facebook is a little more secure and a bit less intrusive. People cant see your pics that easily unlike myspace where you can post it on your page, post as many as you want without penalty

suly
07-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I seem to have joined practically every online community at one pt: friendster, xanga, linked in, myspace, facebook, etc. I wonder how long it'll be before facebook loses its appeal and the next "place to be" site is built. I hear facebook was developed by the govt to keep tabs on criminals and identify criminals through acquaintances.

diablo
07-27-2007, 08:58 PM
I HAVE NONE OF THOSE lol, only thing i have is this one and some other forums out there, im barely on the computer these days though, really busy sometimes

snipeshootergal
01-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Myspace is very dangerous. There are soo many people out there to get ya. I would be careful with all these things if i were you.

LiNuX
01-20-2008, 10:32 PM
myspace is losing its juice and hold of its members, too many ads and etc. now they block outgoing links lmao

well the link blocking isn't new but thats why so many people left

snipeshootergal
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Im kinda glad people left myspace. To me it scares me i dont have one to dangerous..

Ubernerd
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Meh. Never liked MS that much anyway.

Blackbird
01-20-2008, 11:14 PM
I never like Myspace and I'm would like to deleted it but something don't want me to deleted it. :P

Kiss
01-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Good thing i don't have a myspace!

rukisuto
01-21-2008, 07:35 AM
myspace is losing its juice and hold of its members, too many ads and etc. now they block outgoing links lmao

well the link blocking isn't new but thats why so many people left

You can still put outgoing links, they just monitor ALL of them.
They have a system they use to check them or something.
Myspace is getting really dumb.

LiNuX
01-21-2008, 10:12 AM
you can post outgoing links but it'll only work if people copy/paste them into browsers, otherwise the page never loads cuz myspace alters the code somehow lol

thats why you see people with those ringtone sites make those images with their url in there asking people to visit there

Ubernerd
01-21-2008, 10:20 AM
You know what gets me the most?

The chain letters.

I'm about ready to rip the re poster's eyes right out of their sockets...

LiNuX
01-21-2008, 10:27 AM
You know what gets me the most?

The chain letters.

I'm about ready to rip the re poster's eyes right out of their sockets...

lol i almost forgot about those, i had friends that went to find new chain letters to bug me, i deleted a lot of friends cuz of that and got questioned at school for them lol

"why aren't you my friend anymore?"
"I am"
"not on myspace!?!?"

lol