PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Symphonia meets Pokemon?

Riku-Nara
02-29-2008, 08:44 PM
For those who don't know, a sequel has been in the works for Tales of Symphonia, and not just another game in the Tales series. An actual sequel, entitled "Dawn of the New World". Personally, I've been looking forward to this since I loved the first Tales of Symphonia, and its very rare that I "love" an RPG of any kind. Especially ones that are insanely long, but Symphonia was that good in my opinion.

Some new details have popped up about the game, and a feature new to the Tales series is a "Monster capture system". What details there are about this sounds A LOT like another well known game about capturing monsters...

IGN: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Preview (http://wii.ign.com/articles/855/855146p1.html)

IGN
Details are scarce on the monster system, but you will be able to choose from more than 200 unique creatures, feed them to make them stronger and eventually evolve them into different forms.

Now, I don't think "Pokemon system" could ruin the game, because a lot of the other stuff sounds good. I just hope its not a major requirement...

I just wanted to share this and see what people think, or am I the only one that played Tales of Symphonia?

rukisuto
02-29-2008, 09:22 PM
That sounds pretty cool.
How could monsters ever ruin a game? Lol.
I've never played the original, but I'll take your word for it that it's good.

Ubernerd
03-02-2008, 10:36 AM
I played Tales of Symphonia awhile ago. It was OK, I don't know why I didn't particularly enjoy it though. This game might get me back into things though ^^

conman1000
03-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Lol, that would be funny, and I play it at my friend's house.

MilkshakeNinja
03-03-2008, 01:06 PM
:3 Tales of Symphonia was an amazing game.

I don't think catching a few monsters is going to ruin anything. Who knows it could be really exciting for all we know.

Jaykub
03-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Pokemon really makes me go nuts so lets not take a good game and do that but I do like pokemon gb