PDA

View Full Version : Is YouTube screwing with me?

Raw!
03-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I swear, whenever I make a playlist, it takes like 20 minutes just to create it. But that isn't the biggest problem, (no it isn't). When I add a video to my playlist, it also takes a long time just to show up. And when it eventually does, if I added like 4 videos, only 2 show up, refresh the page, none show up, refresh it again, all of em' show up. What is going on? I'm getting really pissed. For some reason this also happened to my other playlists, but in about a day, it was all normal. Can anybody help me with this weird problem?

LiNuX
03-01-2008, 03:03 PM
it could be cookie issue since you say when u refresh they all show up - what browser are you using?

If IE or FF just clear the cache and restart the browser - or you can try from another computer to see if its just your computer if the problem continues

i had the problem on another site before - i deleted all cookies in my computer and restarted browser - was fixed but i think youtube is a bit more complex than that

Raw!
03-01-2008, 03:50 PM
What do you mean by clearing the 'cache'? Sorry, I really don't understand computer talk.. (hehe, I haven't understood it for awhile now, trying to learn) So, by cache, what do you mean? Because I don't know how to even find it.

conman1000
03-01-2008, 04:02 PM
What browser are you using?

Raw!
03-01-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm using IE.

LemonRising
03-01-2008, 04:30 PM
for firefox, go to
Tools-->Clear Private Data..-->check cookies and uncheck everything else

That's it for firefox.
For Internet explorer... let me open that up -dusts off-
Ok, I have the shiny tabs new version. but it might work the same for the old ones.

Tools-->Internet Options-->General (it should open on this)-->Under 'Browsing History', press 'Delete...' Then in the new window, press 'Delete Cookies..'

I hope that helps.

conman1000
03-01-2008, 04:53 PM
To clear your cache, you hit delete temporary Internet files.

Raw!
03-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Helps a bit. But it's still screwing with it a bit. Like now, it's going from my 9 videos to 8 and back and forth.

LiNuX
03-01-2008, 04:55 PM
try another browser - if its still the same, try another computer - if its still the same, make another account lol

Jaykub
03-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I have had this happen to me it sucks

Raw!
03-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Did you just wait it out or something?

LiNuX
03-01-2008, 06:44 PM
I have had this happen to me it sucks

gee thanks for helping with the situation - you always seem to post stuff that doesn't help any one else - since you've had this problem before it would help not just Raw but everyone else understand this issue for future references

kudos

Raw!
03-02-2008, 08:05 AM
ALRIGHT GUYS, HERE IS MY ANSWER TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM FOR FUTURE REFERANCES!

Don't worry about it. Because trust me, within 24 hours it will work. If you experience the same problem, like I said, within 24hrs it will work.

Happy Tubing!