PDA

View Full Version : Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

jakncoke
03-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Okay I was hyped for this game because it was taking a oversaturated WW2 FPS sub genre and adding a nice twist to refresh the rehash but I just looked at IGN's review which happens to be the only 1 with a rating of 50. personally numbers are only numbers and I really don't pay attention to them most of the time but I tend to follow them when I can't test the game out myself first hand to make my own opinion, so is there any rumor of a demo? This review really got me worried that I will have to skip this, usually on bad games they word it nicely and makes you think it's really not that bad and there's a possible chance a fraction of the market will like it but....

Shooting Nazis in the streets of three major U.S. cities should be a non-stop thrill ride that has me on the edge of my seat. This game provides the opposite experience.

has me thinking probably a sucky game that I should pass on.

Ubernerd
03-04-2008, 06:16 AM
Gamefly users gave it a total of 5.7.

Some reviews as "The Box should have been MY Turning Point"

And "Turn, turn, turn...away!"

That sucks. This could have been a great game.

Scott
03-28-2008, 04:59 PM
And "Turn, turn, turn...away!"

lol that's funny. I knew this was going to suck. There has been a lot of crap around lately. Besides Burnout and Devil May Cry this has been a bad start to the year for the 360 and the PS3. I do hope it gets better...

jakncoke
03-29-2008, 06:05 AM
It's defiantly not as bad your thinking, like me for instance here is 08 games that out at this very moment that I am going to be getting that's not named Burnout/DMC

(360,PS3) Turok
(360) Lost Odyssey
(360,PS3) The Club
(360,PS3) Condemned 2
(360, PS3) Rainbow Six Vegas 2
(PS3) MLB 08: The Show
(PS3) Hot Shots Golf 5

That's a pretty solid selection of games in the dry season of gaming and lets not forget, GTA 4 (April) Wipeout HD , Haze ( May) Ninja Gaiden 2 , MGS 4 ( June) and that's just the one's off the top of my head, perhaps your just a picky gamer or just getting shat on for being a European like normal.

Scott
04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
It's defiantly not as bad your thinking, like me for instance here is 08 games that out at this very moment that I am going to be getting that's not named Burnout/DMC

(360,PS3) Turok
(360) Lost Odyssey
(360,PS3) The Club
(360,PS3) Condemned 2
(360, PS3) Rainbow Six Vegas 2
(PS3) MLB 08: The Show
(PS3) Hot Shots Golf 5

That's a pretty solid selection of games in the dry season of gaming and lets not forget, GTA 4 (April) Wipeout HD , Haze ( May) Ninja Gaiden 2 , MGS 4 ( June) and that's just the one's off the top of my head, perhaps your just a picky gamer or just getting shat on for being a European like normal.

Well at the time Condemned and R6 hadnt been released. Plus I dont like golf or MLB and I've heard Turok sucks. The Club was a good game. But the single player was far too short.

Megaman
04-19-2008, 10:45 PM
I was going to buy this but decided to read a review first and it's a good think I didn't buy it.