03-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Yes, I'm one of the top in our school.

glenofimaal
03-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes, I'm one of the top in our school.

maybe you are :eek1: but i beaty you.................. once:yes:

LiNuX
03-03-2008, 04:41 PM
i've been playing for years - practiced a lot with my dad back in the day - i only beat him ONCE!! out of like 800 times we played

my dad's really good at chess and watching him play I learned a lot of his strategies and have used them against friends at school and at home and i don't lose as much which is good

haven't played in probably a year though

glenofimaal
03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
i've been playing for years - practiced a lot with my dad back in the day - i only beat him ONCE!! out of like 800 times we played

my dad's really good at chess and watching him play I learned a lot of his strategies and have used them against friends at school and at home and i don't lose as much which is good

haven't played in probably a year though

wow sound like you could beat me in chess:rolleyes1: by a lot

Riku-Nara
03-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Started paying a year ago.
Gotten good at it.

glenofimaal
03-03-2008, 04:46 PM
conman got me once when he beat me in 4 or 5 moves lol

conman1000
03-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I can checkmate someone in two. You just have to follow my instructions.

glenofimaal
03-03-2008, 04:51 PM

that's is scary :-) so how many tournaments have you won at your school:D

LiNuX
03-03-2008, 04:52 PM

i did that three times in my life (never my dad since i only beat him once, took like 3 hours too)

all three were at school - 1 was to a girl that looked amazed and never played me again and the other two were friends of mine thinking they could beat me

NEVER LEAVE YOUR KING OPEN BY MOVING ONE OF YOUR PAWNS (i call them solders) THE FIRST MOVE

conman1000
03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
When I was young I won every year, then in Third grade they started hosting it every year at my school, and the system they use here hates me, I come close, but no cigar.

Edit: LiNuX, I did it the very first match to finish in the first ever chess tournament for our school.

glenofimaal
03-03-2008, 04:53 PM
i did that three times in my life (never my dad since i only beat him once, took like 3 hours too)

all three were at school - 1 was to a girl that looked amazed and never played me again and the other two were friends of mine thinking they could beat me

NEVER LEAVE YOUR KING OPEN BY MOVING ONE OF YOUR PAWNS (i call them solders) THE FIRST MOVE

*get's his notebook out and takes notes*

i don't want to play you ever :no:

LiNuX
03-03-2008, 04:58 PM
When I was young I won every year, then in Third grade they started hosting it every year at my school, and the system they use here hates me, I come close, but no cigar.

Edit: LiNuX, I did it the very first match to finish in the first ever chess tournament for our school.

i never played a real tournament - did it between friends at school during my lunch break

sounds nerdy but its fun :D i wasn't hungry anyway

glenofimaal
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
i never played a real tournament - did it between friends at school during my lunch break

sounds nerdy but its fun :D i wasn't hungry anyway

it's really fun to play but gives you headaches.......... sometimes:-P

rukisuto
03-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I love chess.
No one around me likes to play it though so I don't get to play it a lot.

Jaykub
03-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Never really wanted to play

Kiss
03-16-2008, 06:41 AM
I'm okay... I can beat anyone who hasn't played it before :P

Blackbird
03-16-2008, 06:49 AM
Yes I'm have been playing Chess when I'm was a kid, joining chess club and quiting for a long time, now I'm going with Shougi ( Japanese Chess) it's a bit different than Chess, I guess more thinking.
Let's try to play online chess or shougi with me xD

glenofimaal
03-16-2008, 07:06 AM
now that i think about it it's been like months since i played my last chess game :eek:

Raoul
11-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Chess is really a good game and you must think hard also it's like you playing a strategy game against the enemy.:yes:

vepanator
11-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Hell yeah I've played. And I enjoy playing it.
Just that one part, I suck at it.

I've been playing (need to think... I'm now 19 and...) sence I was 5, against my dad and all those who ever wanted to play against me. But I dont remember that I've had ever won a game of chess.

I rly dont know why I´m so bad at playing it, I know the rules, I've read many books about it and been rly _rly_ playing, but I just keep sucking :D (Actually I dont even mind, chess is just a way to spend 2-4 hrs, or 10-15 mins if I'm playing against computer)

So if you want to feel like a pro player, play with me!

Th3-devils-princess
11-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I play chess me and my brother were in the chess team at school (back in the day) and we entered companions :) :) he has always been better though hehe :) :) :)

glenofimaal
12-18-2010, 10:13 PM
I still love chess. It's one of the few games that require me to actually think. Unfortunately, not to many people are decent at chess, so I'm stuck to playing chess on my laptop against computers.... :(

chibimel
12-19-2010, 01:47 PM
i used to play it all the time.. then came up with the conclusion that.. i dont strategize very well lol

Jayhmmz
12-19-2010, 01:48 PM
I played chess once, ...... yeah that's pretty much my story.

chibimel
12-19-2010, 01:49 PM

.. sounds epic.

glenofimaal
12-19-2010, 02:33 PM

I guess you didn't do too well ;)

Woah, new smilies 8)

Jayhmmz
12-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Nah I sucked! Although it was due to lack of trying... not lack of trying to play, just lack of trying to learn to play :P

glenofimaal
12-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Nah I sucked! Although it was due to lack of trying... not lack of trying to play, just lack of trying to learn to play :P

Perhaps you should try to learn how to play, then play again. Chess has endless possibilities and strategies. Just today I absolutely annihilated my dad in chess :laugh1:

The only game I like better than chess is risk.... now that's a great game.

Risk has strategy, skill, diplomacy, and a little luck here and there :D

osamahatem
01-13-2011, 02:44 PM
I like chess a lot although i am not very good at it. I play online on ChessCube (http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=osamahatem). It's a great site, it has a great interface and a good number of players at any given time with rating and tournaments and you can buy videos made by Chess IMs to learn chess. It's just great. I advice everyone who wants to play chess to try it.

BobTD
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I used to be pretty good at chess. I would be interested in playing friendly games with people I know from the forum.

What I used to really excel at was speed chess, the faster you where forced to play the better I was, I'm really good at fast choices only looking two or three moves ahead rather then games where people take ten minutes to move.

Eric
01-13-2011, 08:23 PM
I used to play a lot, back in elementary school..

Polishkid
01-13-2011, 09:10 PM
i love to play chess it is super fun

BobTD
01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
so I tried that chess program online. For some reason its harder then having an actual board to play on. I just dont view the moves the same way and its like writing with my offhand lol. Internet chess players are all really challenging as well. I only got one person to fall for the german blitz out of like, 7.

osamahatem
01-14-2011, 12:27 PM
If you mean the site i told you about, then that's normal at first because every player starts with a rating of 1500, so it's normal for anyone to lose at first until he reaches his real rating. BTW, ChessCube (http://www.chesscube.com/register/?referrer=osamahatem) uses the Elo format to determine rank changes after rated matches, which is the format used officially by the FIDE (The International Federation of Chess).

Mine
02-08-2011, 04:24 PM
I have played Chess. I'm okay at it. I'll never be a master.

only one can claim best facebook status (http://www.postrandomonium.com)

Diligence109
02-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Because you bumped this thread, Mine, my roommate and I just played a game of chess together. It was something that we'd mentioned we should do in passing only a handful of days earlier but this thread brought it to the forefront of my mind and I mentioned the game to him again on a whim.

I lost; but it was a good match XD

Flab-Ender
02-08-2011, 08:55 PM
I love how only one person has never played this game. Who is it?

Raoul
02-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Playing chess is really fun I last time played it on Windows Vista and I must say when you put the difficulty level on max the computer really takes forever to play the game lol. I am sure that I can go make me a lovely cup of coffee and come back and then it maybe finish his turn or very close to finish.:cheesy:But yeah I really enjoyed playing chess I am not like very good my dad lol he took be to school in that game he beat me like nothing lol I was like a puppet there against him:laugh1::laugh1:

Muffincat
02-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Because you bumped this thread, Mine, my roommate and I just played a game of chess together. It was something that we'd mentioned we should do in passing only a handful of days earlier but this thread brought it to the forefront of my mind and I mentioned the game to him again on a whim.

I lost; but it was a good match XD

STOP MISUSING SEMI-COLONS D: DILI STOP D:

also, yes, they did play a very close match.

Chess is fun and all, but I'm not very good at it... I had a boyfriend that was really good and so I would never play because there was no point XD

Have you guys ever played Xiangqi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiangqi) (basically Chinese chess)? The same ex-boyfriend had me play that, before, and it's pretty cool. I'm still bad at it. But yes.

FormerGamer
02-12-2011, 12:08 AM
I like to pretent I am good at chess by spending a lot of time making my move. Useless, I still lose ...

makgamer
02-17-2011, 06:58 AM
playing every day ;)

paecmaker
02-17-2011, 04:30 PM
I play a little but none in my family likes chess.

Raoul
02-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Yeah true I mostly saw my family play chess and then I started playing, but I still have to beat my dad in chess he is just really tough lol:cheesy:I want to beat him in 3 moves like he done to me once and then he can see I can also beat him in 3 moves:azn:

paecmaker
02-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah true I mostly saw my family play chess and then I started playing, but I still have to beat my dad in chess he is just really tough lol:cheesy:I want to beat him in 3 moves like he done to me once and then he can see I can also beat him in 3 moves:azn:

Almost didnt know that you could beat someone in three moves, lol.

Raoul
02-22-2011, 02:29 AM

Lol I only got it once right and it was actually tough lol I don't know how to do it again:embarrassed:lol so now it's going to be more tougher than ever before:azn:

LiNuX
02-22-2011, 10:10 AM

I've beaten a few people with 2 moves using my bishop. It's rare because of so many opening move possibilities.