PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero milkage at record high levels

jakncoke
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
You may have known that Guitar Hero 4 was coming, and you may have also heard they now planned GH: Aerosmith edition, but now theres a chance of GH: Van Halen edition milkage theaters near you

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick spoke today at the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference about the challenges facing his company, responding to concerns about growth on a few of its key franchises, like Call of Duty and Guitar Hero. While Kotick was wise to avoid revealing specifics, he may have let slip the next artist-focused Guitar Hero title. If true, it may be a very good fit.

Early in the Q&A session, Kotick talked about opportunities for new platforms and "line extensions" for the Guitar Hero franchise, which we can theorize mean things like Guitar Hero: On Tour for portables and DJ Hero. Kotick also talked about bands that were "proprietary to our format," including Aerosmith.

Kotick later talked about Aerosmith again, in response to a line of questioning about artists finding themselves making big bucks off Guitar Hero tracks. He said of the opportunity, "If we're [...] creating a whole new group of consumers, six to eleven year old consumers, who are being exposed to Aerosmith for the first time or Van Halen for the first time, whatever that might be we need to capture much more of that upside opportunity."

Now, Kotick may just be a big fan of Eddie Van Halen, but the profits to be had selling a licensed Kramer 5150 Guitar Hero guitar controller may have just gotten Bobby a bit too excited. Based on what the Activision CEO said, expect more artist-only titles, and consider Van Halen a fairly safe bet.

Is Guitar Hero: Van Halen Next For Activision? (http://kotaku.com/363852/is-guitar-h...for-activision)

rukisuto
03-05-2008, 06:35 AM
Are they like expansion packs so you just download the songs?
Or is it a completely seperate game?

Even so, I'll probably get them at some point.
GH is pretty fun :]

jakncoke
03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Complete different game and what I'm understanding full price as well.

GF Eric
03-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Either way Guitar Hero rocks even though I suck with the guitar.

Riku-Nara
03-05-2008, 12:59 PM
just all songs from that 1 artist?
wheres the fun in that?

rukisuto
03-05-2008, 01:01 PM
just all songs from that 1 artist?
wheres the fun in that?

I think it would be pretty cool, but better as like $30 expansions packs.
Not full-blown games.

jakncoke
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Also there will be guest stars on Aerosmith. If Van Halen gets off the ground I'm sure they'll do that at well. If they ever made a GH: Guns n Roses or GH: Jimmi Hendrix, I would be there day 1 buying it.

EpsilonX
03-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Well I'm sure that there'd be other artists playing songs similar to Aerosmith/Van Halen style.

Even though i'm starting to hate the guitar hero series (Its popularizing a bunch of songs that I liked...I can't wear my dragonforce shirt or listen to cliffs of dover without somebody bringing up guitar hero...I've known about dragonforce since BEFORE through the fire and flames came out) I would definitely buy Guitar Hero Van Halen, mostly to see songs such as Ice Cream Man, Eruption, Spanish Fly, and Hot for Teacher.

(If you haven't heard the song before, I strongly suggest listening to Ice Cream Man - Van Halen)

jakncoke
03-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah but who cares if it popularizes bands? I mean it gets them rep and makes them for money for great songs. You shouldn't so selfish to want the music to yourself.

EpsilonX
03-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah but who cares if it popularizes bands? I mean it gets them rep and makes them for money for great songs. You shouldn't so selfish to want the music to yourself.

it gets so annoying. I wear my dragonforce shirt. all day long all i hear is "HEY, GUITAR HERO!!"

People are like OMG DRAGONFORCE PWNS! I LOVE THEM. I'm like what songs do you know? they're like THROUGH THE FIRE AND FLAMES!!!!1!.

i'm just like go away and listen to their other stuff.

I was talking about them with a friend and i said through the fire and flames and this girl in front of me turns around and is like i like that song its on guitar hero. and then she keeps walking forward. It's like yeah, I know its on guitar hero. And I don't care.

It angers me! :mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1:

jakncoke
03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
You are letting the small stuff get to you, things like that just let it go or you'll go crazy.

EpsilonX
03-08-2008, 10:14 AM
You are letting the small stuff get to you, things like that just let it go or you'll go crazy.

You're the only person who hasn't agreed with me. -_-

Jaykub
03-08-2008, 10:38 AM
In my idea GH is awesome and is doing better its not a game I have but want ya GH

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't think anyone would say GH isn't cool but them milking it is ridiculous. they should come out with a new number every 2 years not several a year. I read there's a DS GH coming as well..something like on tour or something.

EpsilonX
03-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't think anyone would say GH isn't cool but them milking it is ridiculous. they should come out with a new number every 2 years not several a year. I read there's a DS GH coming as well..something like on tour or something.

Yeah.

Guitar Hero 4 shouldn't be out til late 2009.

Rock Band 2 won't be out for a long time let's hope (so ppl get their money's worth)

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Pretty sure we'll be seeing GH4 in late 08.

EpsilonX
03-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Pretty sure we'll be seeing GH4 in late 08.

me 2.

but they shouldn't release it til 09. Personally, i've had enough of guitar hero

Juicebox
04-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Guitar hero Aerosmith will be like rock the 80's just extra songs but it will be like gh3in the sense of gameplay!

EDIT: there's gonna be a new RB game soon......Different songs and no new gameplay features. I'm almost sure!

EDIT: it might now come out anytime soon I mean in the near future.