PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet and Clank = non flop now.

jakncoke
03-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Multiplayer: Sony fans got panicked when they saw NPD numbers and saw it only sold several thousand in the U.S., whatever it was. [Under 75,000 in the U.S. in its first calendar month on sale.]

Price: It’s sold over a million worldwide now, so…It’s actually on par with the PlayStation 2 games now. It sold as many as the other games have at this point in its lifecycle.

We were also panicked because we thought, “Wow, there aren’t that many games on PlayStation 3 this Christmas and “Ratchet” should really be one of those big ones. But then we realized that PlayStation 3 still is in the hands of consumers who tend not to be ‘Ratchet’ fans. They’re the older consumers who are more interested in M-rated games. It hasn’t made its way necessarily to family play. And that’s the kind of game “Ratchet” is. So what we expect and what we’ve seen in the past is that it will have a long tail. … What’s cool for us is there aren’t that many family-friendly games out there [on the PS3] that provide competition for “Ratchet.”

Multiplayer: On the PS2 you guys were basically doing a “Ratchet” every year. Now, the indication is that “Resistance” is trading off with “Ratchet” every year. Is that a pattern people should be expecting from you guys?

Price: Well, we’ll continue to produce new IP, there’s no question about that. So that means that pattern won’t necessarily continue as you stated. You do see “Resistance 2″ coming out this year. One thing that has been nice for us is that instead of the one-year cycles that we had on PlayStation one, we now have two-year cycles, which gives us a chance to do really thorough pre-production and gives the team the chance to take a bit of a break — and gives consumers a break, too. We were experiencing consumer fatigue with “Ratchet” on the PlayStation 2.

MTV Multiplayer (http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...rises-new-ips/)

I'm glad PS3 gamers got there heads out of their arses and bought the game. It deserves even more sales. Truly a great game.

Raw!
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Agreed. I played the game at a friends house and I thought it was good.

Thread moved to Action forum.

EpsilonX
03-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Even though i generally dislike this style of game, I really did like spyro 2 and 3 on PS1 (never played the first one) and decided i want a similar game on the PS3. Since modern spyro games suck, I decided i wanted to try it out.

I was at Target and the PS3 had a bunch of demos on it. I actually hated Heavenly Sword and found Ratchet to be a lot of fun (the opposite of what i expected lol)

I might get Ratchet and Clank Future if the price drops to around $50 (the only games im gonna spend $60 on are MGS4 and FF13 (i'll probably ask for KZ2 for my birthday cuz it comes out like a week or 2 before)

But, the demo had a really jumpy camera. Is that camera present in the final game? (every time i took a step the camera shifted)

jakncoke
03-05-2008, 09:15 PM
I like Heavenly Sword except the last boss battle is so hard and I'm stuck on that. Also you should really buy the first Spyro(it's on psn for 5) you won't regret it.. it aged wonderfully.

EpsilonX
03-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I like Heavenly Sword except the last boss battle is so hard and I'm stuck on that. Also you should really buy the first Spyro(it's on psn for 5) you won't regret it.. it aged wonderfully.

I loved riptos rage and year of the dragon but hated the rest lol...

I've played parts of the first spyro and didn't like it as much, but ehh...that was only part of it

Jaykub
03-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Man Ratchet and Clank has some awesome games how can they keep this up

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 10:48 AM
It's called they are one of the best devs in the gaming nation.

Jaykub
03-08-2008, 11:02 AM
It's called they are one of the best devs in the gaming nation.

How can you not love something that has Wepons like that

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 11:03 AM
What are you talking about? When did I ever post hate about R&C?

Jaykub
03-08-2008, 11:15 AM
What are you talking about? When did I ever post hate about R&C?

You said its one of the best games and I said Ya" how can you hate a game that has cool Wepons

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 11:34 AM
actually I was just answering your question in which case you already had a answer, so basically your setting yourself up for borderline spam.

Scott
03-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Ratchet And Clank was pretty good, but it was just too short... And there's no online so tere's not much reason to keep it once you've finished it.

EpsilonX
03-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Ratchet And Clank was pretty good, but it was just too short... And there's no online so tere's not much reason to keep it once you've finished it.

Uhm...you might want to replay it? I'd rather have a game with a strong plot worth playing over than a game with a weak plot and strong online multiplayer..

younging94
03-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Lol, i got Ratchet when it first came out.

jakncoke
03-24-2008, 04:05 AM

I can't see why ppl like to pay full price for a game keep for a couple months then get rid of it. You never know if you want to do a replay later down the road or just keep it for collective purposes.

EpsilonX
03-24-2008, 07:22 AM
I can't see why ppl like to pay full price for a game keep for a couple months then get rid of it. You never know if you want to do a replay later down the road or just keep it for collective purposes.

ik right? And if they're gonna do that, they should just rent the game instead of buying/selling it. You'll have to pay $5 to rent a game, but ull spend $60 on the game and probably only be able to resell it for $40

jakncoke
03-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Gamestop loves ppl like them, only reason why Gamestop is relevant

EpsilonX
03-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Gamestop loves ppl like them, only reason why Gamestop is relevant

I mean if I could i'd trade in FEAR but i got it when it was $60. I'd get like nothing for it now so theres no use trading it in

Scott
03-25-2008, 07:31 PM

That's why I've just been getting the big online games. I can't be bothered replaying games, when there's so many other good games around. I only keep a game if it has good multi player.

Nerdy Chief
04-09-2008, 01:34 PM
ya but what if later down the road people stop playing it and you still really like it then your screwed, so I just think that you should buy games that have a good online multiplayer and a good story mode

Scott
04-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I mean if I could i'd trade in FEAR but i got it when it was $60. I'd get like nothing for it now so theres no use trading it in

If you play 1 new game at a time and keep a few for multi player you don't lose too much of what its worth once you go to sell it. Right now you can trade in R6 Vegas 2 for Dark Sector and you just need to pay £1 which is really good.

Megaman
04-20-2008, 12:05 AM
That's good news, it's such a good game.