PDA

View Full Version : Hunting

Raw!
03-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Who has ever went hunting? I have never went hunting. And I would like to, but if I do, I would actually give the animal to a shop or something. And I wouldn't over-do it. What do you think?

jakncoke
03-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I never have but I want to some day because deer meat is good as hell. Whatever I kill I'll eat and then get the animal stuffed as I know a taxidermist that will give me a discount.

LiNuX
03-08-2008, 03:37 PM
i've never been hunting, well not with a gun or bow and arrow lol

i've hunted birds at this big park a while ago with my cousin with Sling Shots - it was legal and what not and it was with Sling Shots

we didn't kill anything - my cousin hit one bird right in the wing and it dropped right down, then my cousin like patched up the wings and helped the little bird get better and sent him flying again a few days later lol, it was weird but cool

Ubernerd
03-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm a Mainer, it would be blasphemous if I never hunted lol

I went partridge hunting with my friend and his dad once (I got to use the 30 ought 6 rifle) and after about two hours we got lucky.

Missed him by a hair though ;(

It sounds like a machine gun when the things get running.

Eric
03-08-2008, 05:19 PM
I've went hunting a lot. Pheasants mostly. Haven't went deer hunting or anything yet

Raw!
03-08-2008, 05:58 PM
What do you think about hunting? Is it good? I'm planning to do it once.

Eric
03-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah it's the fun of hanging with people and occasionally shooting down birds if you find any. for pheasants here you can only get 3 per person, although the group we sometimes go with gets more than that and just hands em out to people that want them. Some days you get your catch quick and head home, other days its funner cuz you can stay out all day, chat with buddies, and go hunting :)

Ubernerd
03-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Oh it's great. Walking for hours like a ninja, stopping to take a break and tell dirty jokes with your friends, back to hunting...

And having a gun in your arms just feels good. Feels really good when you shoot, so long as you don't hit a rock and have it ricochet back in your gut 0.0

glenofimaal
03-08-2008, 07:19 PM
i've never went hunting and still think it's evil to kill animals even though we eat them

Ubernerd
03-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I agree partially gleno, I would only kill something that was childless and not pregnant or in heat.

If I saw a Doe and a baby or two, I would take a picture rather than shoot it. That would be cruel ;(

LiNuX
03-08-2008, 07:44 PM
fishing is good for that lol, a lot of small fishes have short memory span and won't remember what happened

and of course you can always fish to catch and let go, i've done it before, not recently though

Raw!
03-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Hehe. I also agree partly. If I see a baby. Whatever, a baby deer, baby rabbit, baby groundhog, anything that is a baby animal. I wouldn't kill it. Also, I wouldn't overdo it. 1 kill is enough for me.

I've got a bit of a question. You know the "stupid.ca" ad? Yeah, well what happens if you go hunting and there is another crew there also hunting. Do you wear like a badge that makes them see that you are a hunter and not an animal?

Ubernerd
03-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Lol, no, you just don't wear:

Red
Brown
Or green

Bright yellow is what most wear to show they're a human, and the foliage is so thick animals don't notice you anyway.

Eric
03-08-2008, 10:01 PM
You forgot orange which is what most of us here wear

Raw!
03-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Why not red? I mean it doesn't represent animal colour. Green? I don't think any deer or other animal that you hunt are green. Orange I can understand, bright yellow too, but what I don't get is that you can't wear red, brown, and green.