PDA

View Full Version : My 360 and my Mac

GF Eric
03-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Well I connected my 360 to my Mac for Live. I tested the connection and it says its wired but no IP Address. I looked online and it says I have to Internet Share. My question is what happens when I Internet Share when I am on a Network with other computers on it. I don't want to mess up my computer or my network. What should I do or what can I do?

LiNuX
03-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Well I connected my 360 to my Mac for Live. I tested the connection and it says its wired but no IP Address. I looked online and it says I have to Internet Share. My question is what happens when I Internet Share when I am on a Network with other computers on it. I don't want to mess up my computer or my network. What should I do or what can I do?

set up a static IP, i don't know how to do that in Mac so i'll suggest you search for that

and i dont think sharing your internet will do anything to the network, i usually just test these kinds of stuff to see what happens lol

GF Eric
03-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Ok so I got past my IP Address Test and I am now stuck on the DNS test. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. I am on OSX 10.3.9 if that helps.

I accidentally killed my internet this morning and scrambled to get it back on before my Parents found out. I don't know what I did but I think I messed up my IP Address when I did it. So if you got a solution try to avoid this from happening again. I'm not that lucky.

LiNuX
03-10-2008, 08:20 PM
you cant mess up your ip address, it is assigned from your ISP, if you have cable or higher internet, most likely the IP is the same throughout

but i think i remember what my PS2 screen looks like when i tried to connect that to the internet a while back, had dns and stuff on it

are you trying to connect your 360 to the internet THROUGH your mac? or something else, cuz im a bit confused now

GF Eric
03-11-2008, 06:01 AM
you cant mess up your ip address, it is assigned from your ISP, if you have cable or higher internet, most likely the IP is the same throughout

but i think i remember what my PS2 screen looks like when i tried to connect that to the internet a while back, had dns and stuff on it

are you trying to connect your 360 to the internet THROUGH your mac? or something else, cuz im a bit confused now

Yeah that is what I am doing. Or at least trying to do.

LiNuX
03-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah that is what I am doing. Or at least trying to do.

why don't you connect directly through your router? its easier, well it should be

GF Eric
03-11-2008, 03:20 PM
why don't you connect directly through your router? its easier, well it should be

Lets just say I don't have any room on there so I want to do it from my room. Plus I need my privacy when a trash talker trash talks ofter I just beat him in a match.

diablo
03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Lets just say I don't have any room on there so I want to do it from my room. Plus I need my privacy when a trash talker trash talks ofter I just beat him in a match.

i think you have to make some sort of gateway but i've only heard of that on the pc not the mac :no: its easier what linux said, connect it directly to a router or something for best results

GF Eric
03-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Well I have an Internal Modem and Internet Sharing which is what I need to get it connected. I had gotten to the IP Address and it verified it but the DNS did not.

Shinigami
04-06-2008, 12:47 PM
6 letters.... G.O.O.G.L.E.

Rofl