PDA

View Full Version : Movie reviews

Raw!
03-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I was watching this movie called "Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium," and I thought to myself. "Wow, what a movie. I don't want to watch this." So I was thinking, why not make a Movie Review section? I mean I know we aren't a huge movie forum but come on. I mean it is fun. I alone can keep it running because I have seen over 10,000 movies altogether in my life time. (And that is just counting the one's on DVD) I can do the reviews, and if anybody would like to join me awesome.

Also, I made a couple of rules so you don't think that this will be an un-organised idea.

Review must have over 500 words
Review needs to have several pictures
Must have proper punctuation and spelling

And that is just a couple of what the rules I think should be. So what do you guys think about this section of the forum?

LiNuX
03-09-2008, 05:41 PM
you can do this in the regular movies board - i don't see the need to make a separate section for it because as you mentioned, we aren't a huge movie forum, we aren't a movie forum at all, we have just one board for it for off topics

jakncoke
03-09-2008, 05:43 PM
more forums? do not want.

LiNuX
03-09-2008, 05:46 PM
also can i ask how you came to the figure of watching 10,000 movies? how old are you? lol, if you wanted 2 movies every single day for 10 years that'd be just under 7,000

Raw!
03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
I understand. Then how about a sub-forum for it under the Movie forum? I mean it doesn't take a lot of space and it is pretty good.

@ LiNuX -

It's just an exaggeration. I don't have a notebook saying how many movies I have watched in my lifetime.

LiNuX
03-09-2008, 05:48 PM
I understand. Then how about a sub-forum for it under the Movie forum? I mean it doesn't take a lot of space and it is pretty good.

we don't get a whole bunch of new threads in the current movies section, your thread won't get flooded down that easily, i still don't see the point of a new forum whether its a sub-board or a full board

jakncoke
03-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Whats wrong with the movie forum? I mean it's pretty inactive as it is.

thought beaten by Linux

Raw!
03-09-2008, 05:51 PM
I understand, but if the activity picks up the threads will be flooded and nobody wants to search through atleast 10 pages to find the review they are looking for.

LiNuX
03-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I understand, but if the activity picks up the threads will be flooded and nobody wants to search through atleast 10 pages to find the review they are looking for.

tell you what, if it does become super active one day, i'll make a sub board for it and move all the related threads in there - thats usually what i do for things that are starting to pick up

but we need more game reviews than movie reviews and if movie review starts kicking the game review's butt in numbers then there would be problems lol

Raw!
03-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Understood.
Then I have only this to say.
What if I make a thread that has a list of all the movies that have been reviewed on this forum, can you sticky it? The list will be from A-Z and it will be constantly updated. Thanks,

-Raw

LiNuX
03-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Understood.
Then I have only this to say.
What if I make a thread that has a list of all the movies that have been reviewed on this forum, can you sticky it? The list will be from A-Z and it will be constantly updated. Thanks,

-Raw

yeah but as long as that list comes up after at least 10 movies have been reviewed :-)

Scott
03-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Damn, now I'm not a mod we can write reviews of movies.... well that sucks.