PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody heard about the Metal Gear Solid 3: Essential Collection?

Nerdy Knight
03-12-2008, 09:19 PM
On March 18th, they will be releasing Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection. I'm super psyched for this! It's Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3 in one bundle package for the PS2! There are so many cool things about this bundle! 1.) You can get ready and all revved up for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots when that comes up. 2.) Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 are the Director's Cut Editions (MGS2: Substance, MGS3: Subsistence). 3.) You can pre-order it on Amazon.com! 4.) YOU CAN PRE-ORDER IT FOR ONLY $30 WITH FREE SHIPPING!!! This is the most amazing deal I've ever seen on such a great game series! You would have to be the dumbest gamer alive to miss out on this amazing deal! Follow the link below to take you right to the Amazon page where you can buy this box set. I've already pre-ordered, and I can't wait until I get mine!

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Essential-Collection/dp/B001383L36/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1205374507&sr=1-1

jakncoke
03-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah I read about it on gaf a couple days ago. so mine. I missed out on 2 and 3 and only beat 1 about 1/4 the way through.

Nerdy Knight
03-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah I read about it on gaf a couple days ago. so mine. I missed out on 2 and 3 and only beat 1 about 1/4 the way through.

I've only played 3 and VR Missions, but I am so psyched to get this so now I can actually learn about the entire game series! This is so amazing! MGS3 is an excellent game and I believe is one of THE best games for the PS2. One things for sure. There isn't a game series quite like Metal Gear! :laugh::laugh::laugh::D:D:D:spinny::spinny:

jakncoke
03-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I've only played 3 and VR Missions, but I am so psyched to get this so now I can actually learn about the entire game series! This is so amazing! MGS3 is an excellent game and I believe is one of THE best games for the PS2. One things for sure. There isn't a game series quite like Metal Gear! :laugh::laugh::laugh::D:D:D:spinny::spinny:

yup, June 12th. can't wait.

Raw!
03-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I'd get this but to bad I don't have a PS2.

jakncoke
03-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Soon they'll be 99 then you can get it.

Ubernerd
03-13-2008, 04:32 AM
Awesome. I'm a Metal Gear Solid fan. My cousin can beat the first two in one night 0.0

I'll have to refresh my memory of the story and catch all the sweet easter eggs. Like how Revolver Ocelot (originally just Ocelot) is The Sorrow and The Boss' kid, whom The Boss gave birth to during battle...

EpsilonX
03-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Awesome. I'm a Metal Gear Solid fan. My cousin can beat the first two in one night 0.0

I'll have to refresh my memory of the story and catch all the sweet easter eggs. Like how Revolver Ocelot (originally just Ocelot) is The Sorrow and The Boss' kid, whom The Boss gave birth to during battle...

thanks for spoiling it for everybody -_-

anyways yeah i heard about the collection, no i will not be getting it. I'm a little p-o'd that the version of subsistence doesn't come with disk 2 which includes the good stuff (metal gear and metal gear 2, the online version, and something else)

I already have the first 2, so i'll just get MGS3 subsistence's original release....much more worth it to me.

RYPW
03-23-2008, 12:47 PM
thanks for spoiling it for everybody -_-

anyways yeah i heard about the collection, no i will not be getting it. I'm a little p-o'd that the version of subsistence doesn't come with disk 2 which includes the good stuff (metal gear and metal gear 2, the online version, and something else)

I already have the first 2, so i'll just get MGS3 subsistence's original release....much more worth it to me.

Releasing it with the online disc is utterly pointless. Konami turned off the servers last year (October I think) so even with the original Subsistence which I have you cant play online anyway.

Scott
03-23-2008, 04:21 PM
I have played all of them, but 2 was my least favourite, there was too many cutscenes and not enough gameplay. I think I'll skip this, I don't see the point in getting my PS2 back out to play a game that I've already played.

Eric
03-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Ive played the one where your on a ship and have to look for that big machine. Im pretty sure that was part of the MGS series.. I liked it a lot though, couldn't stop playing it ::)

jakncoke
03-24-2008, 03:57 AM
I have played all of them, but 2 was my least favourite, there was too many cutscenes and not enough gameplay. I think I'll skip this, I don't see the point in getting my PS2 back out to play a game that I've already played.

Then play it on your PS3... unless you only have a 40gb

EpsilonX
03-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Ive played the one where your on a ship and have to look for that big machine. Im pretty sure that was part of the MGS series.. I liked it a lot though, couldn't stop playing it ::)

That's Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (or MGS2: Substance)

Releasing it with the online disc is utterly pointless. Konami turned off the servers last year (October I think) so even with the original Subsistence which I have you cant play online anyway.

They could turn a few back on, or kept the disk but removed the online. They got rid of most of the good extras in subsistence by taking away the second disk

anywhoo...I just ordered Snake Eater last night. I spent about $33 on the whole collection (that price includes tax and shipping) So this set is reasonably priced. (Metal Gear Solid was $15, Sons of Liberty was $5, Snake Eater was $7...add on tax and shipping.)