PDA

View Full Version : Vent or TeamSpeak

LiNuX
03-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Which do you guys use here? Vent or TeamSpeak as your PRIMARY VoIP program to chat with friends in game or outside of games.

I ask because GF has a full TeamSpeak server with 50 slots. We do not have a Vent server since ventrilo gives us more problems when it comes to opening our own server so I never bothered. It's not the setting up that's the problem, its the whole issue of opening without a license and without a license i can only open one with a max of 8 slots.

But anyway, which do you use mostly? I use TeamSpeak - used to be vent but I've moved on. :radar:

Riku-Nara
03-13-2008, 02:32 PM
I've only used ventrilo.
not for gaming.
live recordings of podcasts.

Raw!
03-13-2008, 03:53 PM
I use both Ventrilo and TeamSpeak. So which I prefer, is mostly TeamSpeak because I had to many problems with Ventrilo. (Still do)

LiNuX
03-13-2008, 04:09 PM
I use both Ventrilo and TeamSpeak. So which I prefer, is mostly TeamSpeak because I had to many problems with Ventrilo. (Still do)

what kind of problems?

the only problem i have with vent is legal problem of opening my own huge vent server without a license lol, i don't want to pay for a license! i built my server so I can host all this stuff for free, if i wanted to pay i would have saved my $1000 and rented a server elsewhere

teamspeak is better - they let you have 10 servers for free with 100 slots max each so that's a whole 1000 slot server line

Blackbird
03-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Yes I'm used to using Ventrilo before but now I'm mosly using Teamspeak 2

FattaT
04-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Using VENT! I use both but mainly Ventrilo

Eric
04-02-2008, 09:59 PM
id use TS but i dont have a mic anymore :(

LiNuX
05-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Using VENT! I use both but mainly Ventrilo

i used to use Vent when i was in CAL in CS years ago

id use TS but i dont have a mic anymore :(

i used TS before I had a mic since i was in the server business and all lol - good thing the "message" system is there :D

Jjjet1
05-14-2008, 12:05 AM
i used ts when i used ot use my mic. now my mic is just collecting dust. i don't really have anyone to talk to anymore! :'( i haven't used ts since liek three years ago. haha i remember reading the sixth hairy potter when it was new and someone was bothering me on ts so i *****ed them out made my own room with a pass. haha that was great.

MacQuarie
08-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I used to use TS for a battlefield clan, but it was always laggy and would cut in and out while people were speaking despite changing providers. Haven't used it in maybe 3 yearas though, so they might have fixed those problems.

But I've used vent and never had troubles with it.

LiNuX
08-21-2008, 02:34 PM
I used to use TS for a battlefield clan, but it was always laggy and would cut in and out while people were speaking despite changing providers. Haven't used it in maybe 3 yearas though, so they might have fixed those problems.

But I've used vent and never had troubles with it.

where was your teamspeak server located? there is always some lag if the network is lagging or if the server is far away lol

i host my own teamspeak servers and you can assume i never lag :D speak to friends almost everyday on it now - some from 3500+ miles away

MacQuarie
08-21-2008, 02:38 PM
where was your teamspeak server located? there is always some lag if the network is lagging or if the server is far away lol

i host my own teamspeak servers and you can assume i never lag :D speak to friends almost everyday on it now - some from 3500+ miles away

The first one was hosted in Brisbane, the next one was hosted in Melbourne. I was in Brisbane at both times.

The vent I was using was used by people world wide. There were players from every continent and there was very little lag, (even with a 300 ping), although there was the semi-occasional crash.

Veriaset
08-21-2008, 02:41 PM
I use Vent, always have, because of all of the problems on TS and anyway my guild uses Vent.

LiNuX
08-21-2008, 02:44 PM
The first one was hosted in Brisbane, the next one was hosted in Melbourne. I was in Brisbane at both times.

The vent I was using was used by people world wide. There were players from every continent and there was very little lag, (even with a 300 ping), although there was the semi-occasional crash.

thats weird..TS never did that for me and yeah. some people have 300 ping on my TS server and they can talk like they have a ping of just 10

but again. their network may have been bad - both times i guess lol

Trunks
08-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I like vent better. It has better quality and the delay time isn't as much.

LiNuX
08-21-2008, 06:47 PM
I like vent better. It has better quality and the delay time isn't as much.

quality depends on network, not program regarding VoIP - just so you know :radar:

and i believe ventrilo is way more popular in the US and TS in other countries around the world. But vent won't let me host my own server so i hate them and use that as a personal reason! lol - i can host my own server but no more than 1 and no more than 8 slots which is ridiculous.

Trunks
08-21-2008, 06:50 PM
quality depends on network, not program regarding VoIP - just so you know :radar:

and i believe ventrilo is way more popular in the US and TS in other countries around the world. But vent won't let me host my own server so i hate them and use that as a personal reason! lol - i can host my own server but no more than 1 and no more than 8 slots which is ridiculous.

I think with vent you can use a higher quality than you can with TS. That's what people told me at least.

LiNuX
08-21-2008, 06:52 PM
I think with vent you can use a higher quality than you can with TS. That's what people told me at least.

i can tell you otherwise - I've been using both for a very long time and they both have their ups and downs but quality-wise, you can't say one is better than the other program, or at least i dont - the server they are on may be crap but program is just like one end of the telephone, if you hear static on the line, you can't say its the phone because your phone company may be having problems.

BangkokJames
08-24-2008, 09:50 PM
i use vent but never tried ts but i have it installed on my computer for if i need it

sivik.chen
09-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Ventrilo definitely, it's reliable and dependable

Danex
03-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Ventrilo ftw!!!!