PDA

View Full Version : Should I Get it, Should I Get it? (WoW)

younging94
03-15-2008, 07:17 PM
So, the other day, i was thinking about getting WoW, because every person on my xfire friends list is playing 24/7 and i dont wanna feel left out :-(

So, this summer (when i get my job), i was thinking about getting WoW, its only $20 a month right? I Decided i would get it, play for about 5 months = $100 and if i dont like it, quit.

Who thinks i should do it, and if it dosent cost $20 a month please tell me how much..im really to lazy to look it up. :mask:

LiNuX
03-15-2008, 07:18 PM
i think its just $14.99 a month and if you pay for more months in advance its cheaper - its usually the same with all MMORPGs that make you pay to play lol

but if you do get a job, hope that doesn't take away from all your time to play - reason I didn't start to play this game - job and college makes it hard to find time to play it

but i may give it a try for a month this summer since i also have a lot of friends that play it

good luck and have fun if you decide to get it :-)

jakncoke
03-15-2008, 07:26 PM
So, the other day, i was thinking about getting WoW, because every person on my xfire friends list is playing 24/7 and i dont wanna feel left out :-(

So, this summer (when i get my job), i was thinking about getting WoW, its only $20 a month right? I Decided i would get it, play for about 5 months = $100 and if i dont like it, quit.

Who thinks i should do it, and if it dosent cost $20 a month please tell me how much..im really to lazy to look it up. :mask:

5 months seems like a long time to find out if you like it or not, I'm sure within the first week you can make up you decision. 1 thing that I will warn you, nearly everyone I talked too that played it called it wowcrack cause it's really addictive and messed up their social life.

younging94
03-15-2008, 07:36 PM
1 thing that I will warn you, nearly everyone I talked too that played it called it wowcrack cause it's really addictive and messed up their social life.

Dosent every major mmorpg? =P

But, i think i will try it out, and yea, i probally will decide in a week or so or longer if i pay in advance, just hope my mum will agree

LiNuX
03-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Dosent every major mmorpg? =P

But, i think i will try it out, and yea, i probally will decide in a week or so or longer if i pay in advance, just hope my mum will agree

just pay for a month first - if it works well and you like it a lot then pay for another 4 months in advance - usually the way to do it

EpsilonX
03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Some dude at my school last year said that WoW is better than girls.

And his girlfriend was hottt

LiNuX
03-16-2008, 06:55 PM

that's just not right at all lol, i wonder if his gf would freak out if she knew how he really felt lol - it's like he's cheating on her :twitcy:

EpsilonX
03-16-2008, 06:58 PM
that's just not right at all lol, i wonder if his gf would freak out if she knew how he really felt lol - it's like he's cheating on her :twitcy:

Idk...but i'd rather spend time with her than time playing WoW

jakncoke
03-16-2008, 09:13 PM

lol, whata a nerd.

GF Eric
03-16-2008, 09:24 PM
WoW is awesome and you should go out and get it. But wait on the expansion packs. Just until you like it. It is a really fun game.

But if you want to save money, you should go for Guild Wars. It has 3 expansions and its a one time pay for the game then its free online with no monthly charge.

Blackbird
03-16-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm have been playing World of Warcraft since beta and now have been quited playing this game. xD

younging94
03-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Yea, i played guild wars, for a while now, but..never got any expansion packs =P. And most people on GW say WoW sucks. And, since i didnt have WoW, i said screw it, i might as well join em =P. But, deep in my heart, i thought it was awesome =(.

Blackbird
03-17-2008, 06:34 PM
You should play with your heart, becuase if you thinked it's good you should play it, that's what I do xD

Blackleo
03-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Get WoW !!!! It's a cool game, as long as you have your friends that will play with you or friends you make in game it's worth it. The social community is the best. And Linux come to my server !!!1 all info on my sig kk LAterzzzzzzz

EpsilonX
03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Personally, I prefer Diablo 2. I'd go for that, but it is sorta outdated now (still fun though)

Raw!
03-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Meh, the only reason right now I want to try WoW is because I saw the South Park - WoW episode. That was totally sick.
Also, younging, I suggest you try it.

Blackleo
03-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Lol WoW + South Park = 1337ness

blaze4556
03-25-2008, 02:39 PM
no! just...no! WoW is a lie! it eats your soul and then your wallet.

eranikusnxt
05-14-2008, 11:06 AM

Its worth it, now you can get the battle chest for 40 dollers. thr battle chest has both games and 2 SGs. And, the thing is, 15 a month is worth it, it is fun to play once you get a hang of it. GL, and, when you buy it [thats if you do ;)] look me up. im in server arygos, look for darkshockbol. Also, he is alliance so, go human, dwarf, gnome, night elf, for dranei (cant spell that race lol). Hopw to see you soon. Pm me when you get the game.

Kujo
05-15-2008, 12:32 AM
Well... I skipped a lot of the posts in this thread but let me say this... WoW is the greatest MMORPG i've ever played and the pun WoWCrack holds tru. I quit playing myself about 6 months ago due to lack of a strong enough internet connection but when the internets are strong... WoW is tons of fun and VERY addicting. Just watch out... thats all I will say.

Hawkman
06-08-2008, 06:29 PM
try the 10 day free trial on their site u can do it 10 times thats 100 days to try it out

Blackleo
06-10-2008, 11:39 AM
lol yes you can try it out but of course it has restrictions.

Veriaset
08-21-2008, 02:20 AM
5 months seems like a long time to find out if you like it or not, I'm sure within the first week you can make up you decision. 1 thing that I will warn you, nearly everyone I talked too that played it called it wowcrack cause it's really addictive and messed up their social life.

WoW doesn't have take over your life as long as you are aware that it can.

freeclowns
01-26-2009, 02:33 AM
wow is a easy game to play and level.. The first day i played i got 29 lvl in less than 15 hrs... the bad thing about this game is you will lose track of time.I have been playing over about 8 months now. In 8 months I have a lvl 80 shaman, 73 warrior, 43 pally, 38 rouge 21 hunter, 13 priestmm.. It was fun at first, the down side. When you get to lvl 80 now you will have the ppl that think they are wow gods.....

Then you will just find ppl with really big egos... Is this game fun, yea it can be at times.. I mean it just comes down to how good are you at games like this... i mean if you want to try a somewhat free way, you could always pick up guild wars and try that.. its like 20.00$ now and free to play online...

Blackleo
01-26-2009, 06:50 AM
WoW was exciting back in the original one, it WAS way better in BC, and it sucks ass in Wrath but if you want to try it out go ahead you get. If you find people that you enjoy to play the game with it is all worth it. I sometimes miss the pvp and arena and all my partners. But yea it's like a movie, the 1st movie brings your attention, you like it and you want to see more of it sort of like Rush Hour, the second one is off the hook and you can't get enough of it like Rush Hour 2, the third one sucks ass and you vomit and can't believe it developed to be a corny ass distraction sort of like Spiderman 3. You feel me ?! Lolz Rush Hour 3 sucked ass yes I know =P

Shadowstab
01-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Yea, I like WoW and I'm playing it alot, but RL always comes first. I agree that you should try the trial version first to see if you like it. The only downside is that, like Blackleo said, if you don't have any good friends to play with, it gets boring relatively fast and you can lose interest.