PDA

View Full Version : Why Do They Leave?

LiNuX
03-15-2008, 09:04 PM
This is mostly the case with our Counter Strike 1.6 server so that's why I am posting it here.

There are people from time to time in our 1.6 server along with the css server as well but I play 1.6 way more than CSS. So if there are people in the CS 1.6 server I try to join them for a few minutes and try to encourage them to join the forum by making them feel and home and etc.

And I am pretty good at CS 1.6 even when I'm not trying to kill anyone at all, just reflexes to kill - And some of these guys come in, play, and I beat them whether its a 5 v 1 or a 3v3 - and then slowly they start leaving - this happens 9 out of 10 times and the other 1 time the person is actually good and likes the place.

Earlier today I saw a game of about 6 people in there and I joined in (map was Fy_iceworld which is one of my best maps) and I started playing the 3v4 game - I killed them all then they all jumped on me calling me a hacker. Noobs? I would think so.

So they all left slowly - I think most of these guys were friends and they just found a server to play on lol.

Next time There are people in the cs 1.6 server I am not going to go in, I'll just spectate the game from the server's point of view lol, sux these guys suck so bad they have to leave when a good player comes in.

any thoughts?

Riku-Nara
03-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Gotta admit, i think the same thing when i'm playing halo online.
There's the guy better then everyone in the game, and he's killing everyone.
Do you actually like, play a fair game against them, or find a good spot to snipe them out?

LiNuX
03-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Gotta admit, i think the same thing when i'm playing halo online.
There's the guy better then everyone in the game, and he's killing everyone.
Do you actually like, play a fair game against them, or find a good spot to snipe them out?

if i find someone 10x better than me i find it that much more fun to play because now i have a challenge - i don't like winning all the time so in cs 1.6 im constantly changing teams unless there is someone on the other team that's good

rukisuto
03-15-2008, 10:13 PM
They probably leave because they get frustrated and/or are sore losers.
They don't appreciate a good challenge.

It usually only gets frustrating for me if the guy is a sore winner.
I only say this 'cause of Halo online, like Riku said.
You don't strike me as a sore winner though.

LiNuX
03-15-2008, 10:18 PM
They probably leave because they get frustrated and/or are sore losers.
They don't appreciate a good challenge.

It usually only gets frustrating for me if the guy is a sore winner.
I only say this 'cause of Halo online, like Riku said.
You don't strike me as a sore winner though.

lol frustration is probably the key - the first match i played with strangers in our server it was a 5 v 1 - cuz with admin powers i turned off auto balance teams and move everyone to one team lol - i died like 3 times and destroyed those guys

i thought they'd want to know who i was and stuff and be interested in joining the forum with great gamers but i guess i just scared them away

rukisuto
03-15-2008, 10:26 PM
lol frustration is probably the key - the first match i played with strangers in our server it was a 5 v 1 - cuz with admin powers i turned off auto balance teams and move everyone to one team lol - i died like 3 times and destroyed those guys

i thought they'd want to know who i was and stuff and be interested in joining the forum with great gamers but i guess i just scared them away

See, you're a smart thinker :]
You think logically.
Problem is.. about 90% of the world doesn't, lol.

I would think that too though.
Who wouldn't be interested in joining the forum with the best CS player EVER?
Lol.

Strive
03-21-2008, 01:51 AM
This is mostly the case with our Counter Strike 1.6 server so that's why I am posting it here.

There are people from time to time in our 1.6 server along with the css server as well but I play 1.6 way more than CSS. So if there are people in the CS 1.6 server I try to join them for a few minutes and try to encourage them to join the forum by making them feel and home and etc.

And I am pretty good at CS 1.6 even when I'm not trying to kill anyone at all, just reflexes to kill - And some of these guys come in, play, and I beat them whether its a 5 v 1 or a 3v3 - and then slowly they start leaving - this happens 9 out of 10 times and the other 1 time the person is actually good and likes the place.

Earlier today I saw a game of about 6 people in there and I joined in (map was Fy_iceworld which is one of my best maps) and I started playing the 3v4 game - I killed them all then they all jumped on me calling me a hacker. Noobs? I would think so.

So they all left slowly - I think most of these guys were friends and they just found a server to play on lol.

Next time There are people in the cs 1.6 server I am not going to go in, I'll just spectate the game from the server's point of view lol, sux these guys suck so bad they have to leave when a good player comes in.

any thoughts?

Same here through, it happens to me when I'm playing my own favourite games as well as CS 1.6 server. That time, I was really :mad1:

LiNuX
05-30-2008, 11:12 PM
just to bring back an old topic -

i played a 5v5 yesterday in our server on fy_iceworld2k - i cleaned out the server in 15 minutes - kinda did it on purpose too lol, i mean its kinda funny when you have 9 other people in the server trying to ban the server admin and they don't even know i own the thing :D

that was fun lol, i am ranked 1 on the server and they all accused me of getting there by hacking :D its kinda funny from my end but those kids were frustrated - i wanted a ban a few cuz they were being complete asses but i kept my cool

YuriPrime
05-31-2008, 12:53 PM
just to bring back an old topic -

i played a 5v5 yesterday in our server on fy_iceworld2k - i cleaned out the server in 15 minutes - kinda did it on purpose too lol, i mean its kinda funny when you have 9 other people in the server trying to ban the server admin and they don't even know i own the thing :D

that was fun lol, i am ranked 1 on the server and they all accused me of getting there by hacking :D its kinda funny from my end but those kids were frustrated - i wanted a ban a few cuz they were being complete asses but i kept my cool
That's hilarious, I have to admit. :laugh:

LiNuX
05-31-2008, 08:23 PM
That's hilarious, I have to admit. :laugh:

lol yeah, i do play there from time to time with some of my friends - the guys that actually know my skills, that's always fun and it's fun playing with other people with lack of skills to know who's hacking and who's not

i actually had banned 2 or 3 hackers but the other day i pulled the plug (written about it in the css board) and that file wasn't saved lol, i should have written down their steam ids and IPs :( hope they don't come back

LiNuX
06-30-2008, 11:40 PM
bringing this topic back - today was a day i tried to make a guy leave cuz he wouldn't follow rules

i played and it was a 2 v 1 - i was the 1 - i died just 10 times and killed them over a 100 times (together)

this one kid was getting so mad, he was calling me names and started buying flashbangs trying to blind me but i know the map too well (fy_iceworld2k) so i can dodge them so i just kept on killing him and knifing him

and then he said i couldn't go to college cuz im a nerd.....see the logic?

then he said he's gonna get his big brothers to beat me up rofl, the kid is like 12

i could have kicked him anytime I wanted but the other guy on his team laughed everything i snuck up behind the guy and knifed him and it was fun

for the first time in my life, I wanted to make this guy leave on purpose cuz he was a tad annoying, someone i didn't want in my servers in the future and i definitely dont want him on my forum with that attitude and "potty" mouth lol

was that so bad?

rukisuto
07-01-2008, 07:54 AM
That's what I call a PWN, lol.
I think it's good you kept him in and then kicked his butt to timbuktoo :]

LiNuX
07-01-2008, 10:22 AM
That's what I call a PWN, lol.
I think it's good you kept him in and then kicked his butt to timbuktoo :]

lol, usually when people call me "hacker" they leave in 30 seconds or less, but this kid stayed there with me for almost a half an hour

even though I showed no mercy and used sound to play lol, i even told him i am hacking and to take a demo of my game play and to give it to someone who gives a crap lol, still didn't leave - i knifed him a dozen or so times and then he left after cyber crying a bit lol

i should have recorded the game but i had no idea he would be in there for so long lol

oh and we do have a ranking system on the server and he's ranked next to last :D thanks to me giving him like 60 deaths and 1 kill, really screwed up his ratio lol