PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone put down the ps3?

younging94
03-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I got a 40gig ps3 for christmas, and i freaking loved it.
But, ever since then, people are saying ps3 sucks and blah blah blah.
To forums, to public, KittyCats shirt, everyone puts down the ps3.
Ok, it was the highest priced next gen console..... :-( ... so what? Whats so bad about it?

Riku-Nara
03-16-2008, 12:03 PM
only like 1 or 2 games are coming up for it.....

Aaron.
03-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Honestly where I live is afraid of change. They don't want to accept that the PS3 is better. Which...it not really is. It's just a matter of opinion. The PS3 has great capabilities for games and such, it's just people are addicted to their xbox genre and refuse to move to another system. Thus they say "Oh it sucks" or some crap like that.

Thats just what people around here act like.

Raw!
03-16-2008, 01:17 PM
OPINIONS.
That's the most important word here.
People have different opinions and they express them differently.
Nobody is putting down the PS3, they are just expressing their opinion toward it.
And their opinion just happens to be that they dislike it.
There are a million of other people that like the PS3.
Sure, I don't like the PS3, I like the Wii, and I like the 360.
Everyone has different opinions.

rukisuto
03-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Like Raw said, it's just opinions.
I personally prefer 360 over PS3, or any playstation console.
It's not like people have a vendetta against it or anything.

younging94
03-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Yea, i know its there opinion, but whats the reason for your opinion?
Aaron made a good point, but why dont you like it Raw! and Ruki?

Im not trying to get other people to like it, i just honestly want to know why people dont like it.

Raw!
03-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I don't like it because it just has to be to damn expensive.
Nothing else.
I'd get it if the price was reduced to like 300 bucks. Free online and sweet graphics? That's good.

EpsilonX
03-16-2008, 07:03 PM
only like 1 or 2 games are coming up for it.....

more like...a lot more than that

MGS4, KZ2, Haze, Resistance 2...

whats coming out for 360....

uhm...Gears of war 2?

thats about it. Everything else is on playstation 3 as well

rukisuto
03-16-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't like the controls for Playstation.
It's not comfortable, and I can't get past that to even play a game.
It's pretty expensive too, not really worth it for me.

If I have to pay that much PLUS $60 for a game.. I'll pass.

I've just always been an Xbox fan.

Nerdy Knight
03-16-2008, 07:51 PM
I would have to agree with Raw on this topic. I personally have not experienced the PS3 for myself, but I've been told mixed opinions by several people. I've been told that they love it, and I've been told that they regretted getting it over the Wii or 360. It's true that this world is ruled by opinions. They all have something to contribute. The Wii offers gaming to people who enjoy fun and interesting games that are fun to pick up and play for gamers and newbies alike. The 360 offers a very wide variety of games for people to play, along with some epics as well, such as Gears of War or Dead Rising. The PS3 offers...well...good graphics? And maybe Blue Ray? The thing with the PS3 is that they don't think about the gamer. First of all, it's true. The price is WAY too high for the average gamer to purchase for what little it offers. It may have Blue Ray and HD and all that good stuff, but what the people really want the system for is the GAMES! There are maybe like...what...50 or so games for the PS3? And there have been only maybe 2 or 3 good notes for it. 2008 and 2009 are most likely going to be the "Point of No Return" moments for the PS3. They have games like Metal Gear Solid 4 and God of War III coming out, so those will most likely decide whether or not the PS3 will be successful for the rest of it's time until the new next-gen consoles are released. I'm pretty sure Kingdom Hearts III isn't going to be coming out even in 2009 either, so I wouldn't count on it coming out in time to save the PS3 from certain doom. The PS3 needs to step it up a notch, and offer something truly valuable and unique for the gamer's experience soon, or they are never going to be as successful as the Wii or 360...
...either way, it's all about what you prefer. It's just like the previous posters said: "It's not like I have a vendetta against the PS3, it's simply just that I don't like it over the Wii or 360."

P.S. Go ahead and say Wall O' Text. I know you want to...

Dflat Major
03-16-2008, 07:52 PM
The people that say PS3 sucks, are the one that don't have one.
Or have one, and it pooed on them.
Only thing bad about PS3 is the price.
360 or Wii < PS3 otherwise

EDIT
OH, and

WALL O' TEXT

GF Eric
03-16-2008, 08:43 PM
3 reasons, Graphic, Games, and Price. I was playing GRAW 2 at Target today and the graphics are nothing compared to the 360 version. There are not that many games for it so Sony is signing on with Games that were released for the 360, examples Lost Planet and GRAW 2 and both games have suckish graphics. Finally price, it is way to much for the system with barely any games and suckish graphics. Secondly Sony is mimicking Microsoft. Live was out way before Online for the Playstation 2 which you needed to by the slim PS2 or the unit for the back of the Fat PS2. Also Microsoft comes out with HD DVD player and what does Sony do, Blue-suckish-Ray. Finally Microsoft comes up with the idea of using Vista to operate with the 360, so Sony comes up with the whole lets just allow our PS3 to to be able to operate with the PSP and the Playstation Store. In in closing, this kind of stuff is whats getting me pissed off. If you don't have a original idea don't try and copy off of another group cause all you get is bad graphics, low sales, and a hate for 20 years. I'm done.

jakncoke
03-16-2008, 08:56 PM
3 reasons, Graphic, Games, and Price. I was playing GRAW 2 at Target today and the graphics are nothing compared to the 360 version. There are not that many games for it so Sony is signing on with Games that were released for the 360, examples Lost Planet and GRAW 2 and both games have suckish graphics. Finally price, it is way to much for the system with barely any games and suckish graphics. Secondly Sony is mimicking Microsoft. Live was out way before Online for the Playstation 2 which you needed to by the slim PS2 or the unit for the back of the Fat PS2. Also Microsoft comes out with HD DVD player and what does Sony do, Blue-suckish-Ray. Finally Microsoft comes up with the idea of using Vista to operate with the 360, so Sony comes up with the whole lets just allow our PS3 to to be able to operate with the PSP and the Playstation Store. In in closing, this kind of stuff is whats getting me pissed off. If you don't have a original idea don't try and copy off of another group cause all you get is bad graphics, low sales, and a hate for 20 years. I'm done.

bold 1 : that was devs deciding to put games on the ps3

bold 2: false
http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/

bold 3: it was not patented so therefore it can be done with other consoles

bold 4: False on 2 parts. Part 1 being the reason there was a HD-DVD and Blu-Ray is because Toshiba and Sony could not decide on specs and therefore split ways. part 2: Microsoft was nothing but a minority in this hd war and never cared because they digital distribution

bold 5: that's how the world works, if you don't patent ppl can take ideas from you

@ OP, I'm sure your talking about fanboy hate like this. I can't believe Eric is a freaking mod with his retarded hate. seriously Linux you messed up here.

GF Eric
03-16-2008, 09:06 PM
bold 1 : that was devs deciding to put games on the ps3

bold 2: false
http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/

bold 3: it was not patented so therefore it can be done with other consoles

bold 4: False on 2 parts. Part 1 being the reason there was a HD-DVD and Blu-Ray is because Toshiba and Sony could not decide on specs and therefore split ways. part 2: Microsoft was nothing but a minority in this hd war and never cared because they digital distribution

bold 5: that's how the world works, if you don't patent ppl can take ideas from you

@ OP, I'm sure your talking about fanboy hate like this. I can't believe Eric is a freaking mod with his retarded hate. seriously Linux you messed up here.

So what are you trying to say man. I can't have an opinion in what I believe? Their are plenty like me out there. Its just the way we are. Different and not followers.

jakncoke
03-16-2008, 09:08 PM
opinion and fanboy hate are 2 different things. The things you spew is fanboy hate. bu bu bu they used something my xbox used... i must hate dem.. pathetic

GF Eric
03-16-2008, 09:18 PM
opinion and fanboy hate are 2 different things. The things you spew is fanboy hate. bu bu bu they used something my xbox used... i must hate dem.. pathetic

Pathetic lol that is one thing I am not. :laugh: On top of that I just hate the PS3. I have nothing against the PS, PS2, or PSP.

NativeGuns
03-16-2008, 11:02 PM
p3 okay dude but it is losing its fan background. i know mine went to xbox because p3 stopped making some of the games i enjoyed ans the ones they did make really sucked... but if you like p3 cool dude, good gaming to ya!

younging94
03-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Er...i totally got lost... @.@

RYPW
03-19-2008, 08:59 PM
I got a 40gig ps3 for christmas, and i freaking loved it.
But, ever since then, people are saying ps3 sucks and blah blah blah.
To forums, to public, KittyCats shirt, everyone puts down the ps3.
Ok, it was the highest priced next gen console..... :-( ... so what? Whats so bad about it?

I have a 40gb PS3 and I love it. I went through 4 xbox 360s within a year all went faulty, first one RROD in 10 days :mad1:

I prefer my PS3 though I have a dualshock controller and I just think its better value for money with some great games and more to come.

Strive
03-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Same as me through, PS3 is quite fun to me but oh well, you know what the saying is, different people like different things, that is. :)

EpsilonX
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM

like said before, the developers decided to put the games on PS3, NOT sony taking them. And think about it....PC had online gaming WAY before xbox and PS2, so they're imitating computers. Also, I hate when people say next gen graphics suck. There are almost no recent games with bad graphics. Some aren't as good as others, but just compare it to a ps2 game. Crappy PS3 and 360 graphics look like good xbox graphics.

and, blu ray is WAY better than HD DVD. Sure, HD DVD is easier to make. But blu ray could hold more, so it was easier to put uncompressed video and audio on the discs, making it sound and look better. Transformers on HD didn't have uncompressed audio.

and, almost every studio backed blu ray. Why would a studio back something that sucked?

Also, i'm pretty sure sony was planning on Blu Ray on the PS3 BEFORE microsoft released the HD attachment for the 360. And based on what i've read, most people say the HD attachment SUCKS.

*sigh* I have to agree with jakncoke about you eric.

RYPW
03-21-2008, 05:33 PM
HD DVD is dead anyway. Toshiba have scrapped it. Game and Gamestation wont let you trade a 360 HD DVD player now cos they have no resale value.

EpsilonX
03-21-2008, 08:48 PM
HD DVD is dead anyway. Toshiba have scrapped it. Game and Gamestation wont let you trade a 360 HD DVD player now cos they have no resale value.

Sucks to be owners of them haha

But yeah i'm glad HD DVD is gone. Now I can buy blu ray without worry.

jakncoke
03-21-2008, 11:45 PM
You still should be mildly concerned. Blu-Ray still has a long ways to go, weekly dvd sales pwn the hell out of the Blu-Ray that sold the most, there defiantly still a chance and rather large one that Blu-Ray becomes nothing but a niche and ppl choose upscaling dvd players instead

RYPW
03-22-2008, 06:22 AM
I'm not too concerned about blu-ray yet cos normal DVD still kick ass cheap and PS3 upscales them (not sure if 360 does) so even if blu-ray fails aswell we still got DVD to fall back on :)

EpsilonX
03-22-2008, 10:55 AM
You still should be mildly concerned. Blu-Ray still has a long ways to go, weekly dvd sales pwn the hell out of the Blu-Ray that sold the most, there defiantly still a chance and rather large one that Blu-Ray becomes nothing but a niche and ppl choose upscaling dvd players instead

But..blu ray is the PWNZORZ and upscaling isn't...

Seriously. Upscaling cleans up the static and stuff, but it makes it look choppier I think. Blu Ray gets rid of that choppiness and the staticyness alltogether.

More people need blu ray.

Kujo
03-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Blu-Ray FTW! Speaking of the 360 HD DVD player, there are rumors that Microsoft will be releasing a Blu-ray device for the 360. I heard it from G4TV a few weeks ago.

jakncoke
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
shorty after that Microsoft squashed those rumors. so much for them being all about choice, I'm sure many 360 owners would be willing to buy a Blu-Ray add-on if it was reasonably priced

Kujo
03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Just one more reason for me to stick to PC gaming. Microsoft sells empty hopes and dreams to poor underage orphans.

Iceskater101
04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
I agree with Raw people have different opinions. I prefer the 360 but yet I havent really played any playstation product what so ever so I cant really say that the 360 is the best console ever.