PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku

Raw!
03-19-2008, 10:20 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/dragonballzlegacyofgoku.jpg

DRAGON DRAGON DRAGON DRAGONBALL ZZZZ!
Ahh, the famous song from Dragonball Z. I think we all used to watch this show, am I right? Well I not only watched it.. but I memorized it. I memorized all the worlds, all the moves, all the bad guys, all the good guys, all the arenas, etc. I was a hardcore fan, and I loved it every step of the way. And when I was smaller, my mom bought me the GBA, and the first game I got was "The Legacy of Goku," and I was impressed. But I hardly knew English to be truthful. And everything they talked about was all new to me, I didn't understand a word. So I traded it in for some TNMT game. Then, about 2 years later I got it again, and beat it probably around 40 times. I was so obsessed, by that time I think Legacy of Goku 2 was out, so I got that, and then I got Legacy 3 and so on and so forth. Anyway, what I saw in the first one was that it had potential, and could have had a lot more things added in. However, it didn't stop me from enjoying it. And this review is about it. About the game that started it all, The Legacy of Goku...

Graphics: (Today: 5/10) (When Released: 9/10)

The graphics are a huge part of this game. They are actually done nicely, and are actually pretty good. Anyway, all the characters look right, so do the animals. But the thing I don't like is that they didn't really put much thought into the animals. And they are plain and simple. A wolf, a little snake, a crab, some dinosaurs, they are all plain. The worst thing is if you are walking in the field you can't even see the snake or the crab that are trying to attack you. You end up wasting Ki on them by using the Kame Hame Ha. All the animals look the same, and the clouds which are a big part of the game look like they just threw a smoke grenade there. However, the highlight of this game is the whole planet and the big city. They are actually pretty well done and rendered quite well for it's time. But I mean today, these graphics you can't really compare it to the Budokai games because they are really good looking. However, in this game they did try to put some 3D element in and I can see it worked a bit. Overall, the graphics are good for when it was released, but today you can't really say it has the best graphics. The graphics of Legacy of Goku get a 5/10 for today and a 9/10 for back then.

-When Goku was killed he went to the "Underworld," and he had to use the Snake Path to get to I believe the man that could grant him a new life.-
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/dragon_screen003.jpg

-The end of the Snake Path, now Goku must fly to Kai's place (the Underworld)-
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/dragon_screen007.jpg

Gameplay: 8.5/10

The gameplay can get a bit repetitive especially in the beginning when you aren't doing much. But when you get to the big battles it's all fun. The gameplay basically is all about the quests. Goku is given a set of quests he must accomplish before he can move onto a new area and get even more quests. Most of these quests are boring, but some of them are actually quite interesting. But without a doubt the best part of this game is defeating bosses. It's just so cool. All of them take time and require you to basically walk around the screen and even sometimes fly but who said that wasn't fun? It actually is. Without a doubt, some quests are really boring. For example one where you need to get an egg for a dinosaur, or defeat enough wolves or retreive the kitty. But some of them are fun because you need to fly over which is really cool. Anyway, the gameplay gets a 8.5/10 because it gets repetitive but it is fun.

Overall: 9/10

If I get another chance to play this game, then I'll use it. But for now, that is it. This game was the best and I can say I put in over 30 hours in it. Anyway, I suggest that when you go to the store, and you still have your GBA, ask for this game, you won't be dissapointed.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/dbz2.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/Train13-14/a2037i1_DBZLG-3_w.jpg

GF Eric
03-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Great review. I still got this game. It is very fun. Freeza is easy to beat.

Raw!
03-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Once you go super-sayain it's just like a walk in the park. I enjoyed beating him.

GF Eric
03-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Once you go super-sayain it's just like a walk in the park. I enjoyed beating him.

Funny thing was I was not sure where to go when I was heading to defeat the Sayians on Earth. I leveled up big time.

Raw!
03-20-2008, 10:07 AM
You mean Captain Ginyu? And his little buddies? Freeza's squad right?
Neither did I know. It was hard for me. I used a FAQ I think. But all the boss fights I knew how to win. Fly around, blast em with Ki or Kame Hame Ha, and that's it.

GF Eric
03-22-2008, 02:31 PM
You mean Captain Ginyu? And his little buddies? Freeza's squad right?
Neither did I know. It was hard for me. I used a FAQ I think. But all the boss fights I knew how to win. Fly around, blast em with Ki or Kame Hame Ha, and that's it.

No its that big Dino in when you fly across the river or down into the valley. I didn't know to got left of it.

Shinigami
04-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I beat the game without any hacks like 20 times and I got bored of Legacy 1 and I decided to hack it and when I did it gave me immortality and I practically did a walkthorugh the entire game without fighting any monster at all except for Freeza. I sill have the game bu my stupid teacher at school has my GBA because I brought it to school and since I go to a private school I won't get it untill the end of the year! The game I was playing when he took my GBA was Pokemon: Saphire Version I also have every DBZ game you can imagine for GBA! (Except for one of the DB GT games!)