PDA

View Full Version : The Studio

Kiss
03-21-2008, 07:08 AM
At the moment I am creating a forum as the studio.

It is mainly a writers forum/graphics forum, but I'm adding other stuff to. I'd appreciate your joining!

The Studio (http://thestudio.in-goo.com/index.htm)

LiNuX
03-21-2008, 09:09 AM
cool look, matches the whole writers thing but the category name/link is too dark, needs a color of white or something - see if you can edit the css and find the hexadecimal and change it

i've never heard of the in-goo website lol, another free forum host? that market is getting over-saturated now

Kiss
03-21-2008, 11:31 AM
I used phpbb, but you can change what the end is.

jakncoke
03-21-2008, 02:22 PM
cool look, matches the whole writers thing but the category name/link is too dark, needs a color of white or something - see if you can edit the css and find the hexadecimal and change it

i've never heard of the in-goo website lol, another free forum host? that market is getting over-saturated now

Yeah I never heard of it before either and ya that market is over saturated.. guess the ad money is really good in that field.

LiNuX
03-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah I never heard of it before either and ya that market is over saturated.. guess the ad money is really good in that field.

if by ads you mean PPC like google adsense ads, then i doubt it's any good - Forums and directories are two of the worst sites to monetize without having to sell hard links and banners -

jakncoke
03-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Well it can't be bad cause if it were..then you wouldn't see so many around.

Eric
03-21-2008, 03:06 PM
They get paid for affiliate upgrades most of the time..

LiNuX
03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Well it can't be bad cause if it were..then you wouldn't see so many around.

thats why it becomes worse and worse lol - forums are bad for monetization through ppc ads since the beginning people people aren't paying attention to them, its better for CPM ads -

but what slacker said is also true, some have a paid program

Kiss
03-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I just added a bunch of forums and posted a few messages.

Eric
03-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Well good luck with your forum :). It is hard to move out of free sites with forums though if your site does get big and you want to move to paid hosting it it can be a big hassle.

Good luck though :)

LiNuX
03-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Well good luck with your forum :). It is hard to move out of free sites with forums though if your site does get big and you want to move to paid hosting it it can be a big hassle.

Good luck though :)

big reason why i don't like them - i believe invisionfree is the only site you can actually move your site's out of into a paid hosting, but i doubt you can with this one -

so freebee be careful if you expect this forum to get big - and if you want i can host the forum for you on a shorter and prettier domain lol - IM me

(offer not open to everyone)

Kiss
03-21-2008, 05:07 PM
The only reason i don't go out and pay is i don't have money or a credit card to pay with.

LiNuX
03-21-2008, 05:13 PM
The only reason i don't go out and pay is i don't have money or a credit card to pay with.

thats what im saying lol, i can do it for you for free - i have some extra space and the domain will be small and pretty lol

IM on msn or something later - i'll explain more, it is probably the best time to switch since your forum hasn't kicked off yet fully - im going out now so IMing me now won't have much results but you can leave me a msg

Kiss
03-21-2008, 05:21 PM
I just Email'd ya.

LiNuX
03-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I just Email'd ya.

you have my email? if it's at admin @ gamers-forum it probably won't get answered and if it's on my msn account then its even worse lol

Kiss
03-21-2008, 08:50 PM
did the admin(@)gamers-forum one lol.

LiNuX
03-21-2008, 09:03 PM
did the admin(@)gamers-forum one lol.

im having problems accepting emails on there, so a 100% chance i didnt get it - thats why i said IM me