PDA

View Full Version : Hmm. New website?

Eric
03-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I am looking into working on another site, after starting my new blog. I still have too much free time so I think I will start a new site, or simply buy one.

My question is, what would you be interested in? I was thinking of a forum maybe, but the subject of that forum is at question as to what would be popular. If you were to join a forum that would interest you, what would it be about?

I was thinking maybe a teenager forum? I am a teen, have gone through a lot of problems others are going through, so that was one idea I guess.

It doesnt have to be a forum, im just looking at options for another site to work on in my free time, that I have a lot of lately.

Thanks,

Eric

jakncoke
03-21-2008, 02:09 PM
perhaps you could start a forum that isn't isn't dedicated to 1 particular subject but just dedicated for ppl to meet and talk about many things.

Raw!
03-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Meh, I'm all with Jak's idea but I like the idea of a forum of "ANIME," or something.

LiNuX
03-21-2008, 02:52 PM
perhaps you could start a forum that isn't isn't dedicated to 1 particular subject but just dedicated for ppl to meet and talk about many things.

that sounds either like a social networking site or a general forum - general forums don't succeed too much

and as for a website - you can try an arcade or something - i have one and its just lying there lol

jakncoke
03-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Well either way the site will probably not succeed, so why not something different and make something that isn't over-saturated , if he markets it right it could = big success.

LiNuX
03-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Well either way the site will probably not succeed, so why not something different and make something that isn't over-saturated , if he markets it right it could = big success.

then he just needs a fresh idea - directories, proxies, forums, blogs, arcades, and a few other sites are very over saturated - and if we suggest anything it's most likely that we'll be giving him ideas we've experienced before lol

probably a regular html site, not many do these anymore -

or if you have the money for a server, image hosts - this market isn't saturated yet but it will be later on lol - i'd open one myself but it needs a lot of resources

Scott
03-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah you should try something different. There is loads of gaming and anime forums out there. But I doubt it'll be a hit unless you have a lot of freinds who are willing to help you make your forum a success

Eric
03-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah I know a bunch of the niches are already overused. Gonna be a bit difficult to find a good one